Thread: The Golden Road

The Golden Road

This is my version of The Golden Road and it is a special bet this weekend.

Basically, here is how Round One works (and this one is easy for a reason, I want people to continue).

I want you to predict the first digit in how many runs are scored in the 10:05 PM EST games on FRIDAY NIGHT

So, if those four games produced 54 runs, you would choose "5-9" as your choice. If they produced 42 runs, you would choose "0-4", and so on. Since this is the first one and it is a bonus bet, there will be a range of numbers.

The four games are

CLE @ OAK (Sabathia v. Blanton)
    NYY @ SEA (Rasner v. Washburn)
    STL @ SDP (K. Wells v. Peavy)
    CIN @ LAD (Arroyo v. Wolf)

You predict the FIRST digit (or within the range, and there are only two choices, you have to choose one). If you get that right, then you have the right to participate in Satuday's game where the range is increased to three choices and is more volatile.

Additionally, this plays as an actual bet where you can bet money and win, there are just bonuses beyond winning S3F Cash.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Golden Road

Pick the digit? Why not just say "Over 49.5 runs" and "Under 49.5 runs". Kind of confusing.

Because that's the format of the Golden Road, and I can't guarantee that it would begin in 4 or 5.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I settled this one early and the divisions under the assumption that Cincy won't score 20-30 runs to screw up the bets in the last two innings.

Ghetto and bwitty continue on The Golden Road
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.