Thread: Episode 3 - AL Central Preview

MLB ERA

Episode 3 - AL Central Preview

56 minutes

We're under an hour! Enjoy folks. Feedback is always appreciated, especially on the name we have come up with. We'd like to see what the people want.

This came out a lot better than the last one, mainly because it's only an hour, and we have a lot more banter. It's pretty good, we think. Let's hear what you have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Episode 3 - AL Central Preview

I'm shaking in anticipation of this podcast. Should be better than anything ESPN Radio or MLB Radio puts out, except the B.S. Report, which is decent. Plus, it's an interesting division, so it should be fun times to listen to the rants you guys have in here.

MLB ERA

It's up! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Much better than the AL West Show. I ranted some more. Also loving the Irish home page plug.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Hey, does anyone know how to get the podcast link for this? I want to put this on my ipod

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I was hoping for a 'Special K' name or something like that, but you guys pulled it off. I like the name. Thanks DK!

Carmona simply had the sickest sinker I had ever seen not thrown by a guy named Brandon Webb. Dude came out of nowhere. I am kind of hoping the Reds have a few gems like him this season. Cueto and Volquez could make y'all say, "who?"

Space Jammed Lee and Sowers, haha nice touch brownie. Seriously, look out for Sowers this year.

Haha, Danny Graves gets a mention. The Baby Faced Assassin. I seriously think the Indians bullpen is underrated. They may be overshadowed by the SPs, but you just don't hear much about them. To me, it is what puts this team over the top.

I don't love Matt Stairs, just to let you all know. And Sizemore=superstar not in the making. He is already made. The world just hasn't figured it out yet. Best leadoff hitter in the game? Or perhaps we should make the argument that he should not leadoff?

Who is this Dan dude?

Indians to win 100 games in this division? Maybe because Santana is gone, but I still think overall this division has gotten better. 100 games will be tough though.

Man I wish Zumaya would have a freak injury free season. I agree with you guys, he could be the best closer in baseball. You have to turn on the game when he steps to the mound. He is the type of pitcher that puts crowds on their feet. 104 MPH, "are you serious?"

Bottom line; Tigers have the sickest lineup I have ever seen. But what about that infield defense? Can you say wow?

STAT SHOCKER: Just 9 walks for Pudge in over 500 ABs? Ouch...

I still don't think they got enough for Santana especially with what they were offered elsewhere. But the Twins do have a nasty young outfield now. Cuddyer, Gomez, and Young. Trust me, this will rival the Angels outfield in a few years.

Personally, I loved the trade for Delmon Young. But not so much the Santana trade even though Gomez will be a stud. I think Gomez will lead off instead of Lamb.

White Sox do sound sort of blah, and I would bet on the Royals finishing better than them this year. Mark it down. The Sox will finish in the cellar. I am bored just thinking about them.

Just a few names to throw out to excite us about the Royals. Gordon, Butler, Hochevar, Teahan, Guillen, and Shealy. I like this team.

Best hitter in the division will be Miguel Cabrera.

Great work guys!

I will finish with this: if we had a show with browntown and General, could we tell the difference between the two? You guys sound so much alike.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Hey, does anyone know how to get the podcast link for this? I want to put this on my ipod
    Here's the subscription link to put in iTunes so you get it automatically:

http://www.strike3forums.com/podcast.xml

MLB ERA

Who is this Dan dude?
    Just a random kid in the dorm. I meant to edit that out, but i went through the cast and just couldn't find that part for some reason. So you guys will have to deal with Dan for a few minutes haha.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Just got done listening to this podcast! Excellent work guys, much improved! The three highlights of the show:

*** - Brownie Boy's incessant Dick Vitale impressions. They were bang on. "Are you kidding me?!" Excellent.
    ** - The drunken girls coming in to Brownie Boy's dorm room and instead of being invited in, he shuts the door on them to continue the podcast. That's dedication, haha.
    * - Making fun of Yasuhiko Yabuta.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    The three highlights of the show:

*** - Brownie Boy's incessant Dick Vitale impressions. They were bang on. "Are you kidding me?!" Excellent.
    You have NO IDEA how annoying that is after about 5 hours straight of him doing that. We have a 4-hour news-writing class together on Mondays, and the ENTIRE CLASS he was doing this ******* impression. SO ANNOYING. haha but I have to admit, it's quite good. I just dont think I can every listen to Dick Vitale without becoming enraged ever again. Thanks Kevin.

MLB ERA

The girls actually were just walking past, my roommate had the door open but he closed it when they walked by, I don't even know who it was haha

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I will finish with this: if we had a show with browntown and General, could we tell the difference between the two? You guys sound so much alike.
    ^What he said.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Clearly not a compliment either
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

We really sound that similar?...I guess I gotta listen to the old General show again