Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ghetto & General's As of Now Untitled Podcast Show: Episode 1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ghetto & General's As of Now Untitled Podcast Show: Episode 1

Strike 3 Forums Podcast:
    ghettochild and General's As of Now Untitled Podcast: Episode 1 (Length: ~35 minutes)

In this first episode, ghetto and general take a look at the current standings in baseball as most of the races are final as we approach the end of the season and head towards the playoffs. They discuss a few of the recent stories to hit the baseball world such as Pedro Martinez's going under the knife, the impact that has on Barry Zito this offseason, Lastings Milledge with Loudmouthrookiesyndrome, the games that were in progress last night and playoff picks among others. Various S3F mentions through out, both were likely close to tears as they discuss the exciting playoff situations with no mention of their beloved teams, and there were several apologies to 777rak for their use of language.

(I am really too tired to figure out the feed thing, but if you add this to iTunes, for those who use it as I've tested it, it should work.)
    http://strike3forums.com/podcast/s3f-podcast.xml
    or
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/Strike3Forums

And for those who would like to listen on the forums (it's a big file so it takes a while to load):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...t/podcast1.mp3
    Finally, this is the link to download directly (right click, save-as):
    http://strike3forums.com/podcast/podcast1.mp3

I hope you all enjoy and please, please make sure to thank ghetto and General with your comments on the show.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Let me be the first to admit that it needs work. Ghetto will admit that, General will admit that. It's just the fact. But if we have interest in this project, that you guys dig it, listen to it, comment on it and so forth, it will get better. We will invest in these guys (and whoever else gets a show for us) to get better equipment to avoid the feedback we heard in this one. We will figure out better production techniques, usage of sound, etc. But there needs to be an interest in this because honestly, this is a big thing to add to the site and the regular content you all see. We care about this and we would love to put the effort into it if it will be noticed by the forums.

Right now, the issues of a feed is a bit tricky to do via the forums (essentially we would have to wait to upgrade to the next version of vbulletin, which takes time given how modified S3F is), however, you are not without options.

Like everything on this site, give us time and we'll learn how to do it pretty well after awhile. Enjoy.

MLB ERA
    I will check it out when I get home for lunch today. It is not working on my computer at work, which is not surprising.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Software suggestions would also be welcome, among many other things. Right now we're using Skype.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I thought it came out real clear. Of course it needs work, but I was happy to see that you guys got so much into one podcast show. Both have radio friendly voices IMO as well.

Overall, its a real nice start. Great to see we have this added to the site!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll check it out after the Vikings game, and possibly the Browns game.

Well, tomorrow at the latest.

MLB ERA
    i'm glad you all enjoy it. it was fun to do.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The links are corrected and should work now. Don't be shy to say that the links are broken if they are, working on audio editing at three in the morning after hours of doing other work... I am very proned to making slight mistakes as you can see.

My apologies on that for those who didn't use the XML file (which was the only working link as I tested that one on my own last night.)

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Strange podcast. Loved the "Eye of the Tiger" opening theme music, I felt like I was watching a Rocky movie. And I loved General's repeated use of the word "shit".

Also loved ghetto's ghetto pronounciation of "Mike Cameron" at the 7:27 mark of the clip.
    ghetto probably needs to cut down on his "ummms", "you knows", "like" and etc.

I'm once again sorry to 777rak.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm just getting to the 15-minute mark now and General mentions the Expos! Big ups from me for that one!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Gotta love how General says he's "out of content" at least twice in a span of maybe a minute.

I'll get better next time. Gotta get a new mike though, and I'm broke.

MLB ERA
    i was pretty messed up on pills when i recorded this...i had the worst headache about 20 minutes prior to recording and you can tell it kicks in as the show goes on
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    First thing I want to note is, that thing playing everytime the thread is opened is extremely annoying, as I lost most of my original comments because I was missing the end of the show(downloaded file, opened page and played over top).

I liked it, as a whole, I mean, it's definately not professional or perfect, at this point, nor was I expecting it to be, if you guys keep working together on this, it's just going to get better and better the rest of the way through.

Little too much Braves tidbits from General(We know they're you're team, and getting a little in is fine, but it was just too much.), and it seemed like you probably should've waited a couple more days to do a playoff preview show, or at least until after the games were finished. The league scores part of the show dragged considerably.

Bringing up the change of league in the Zito discussion was intresting, although it should've been mentioned that more pitchers, other than Arroyo and Wickman have had much better success against the NL than they did in the AL. Roger Clemens is a big name that comes to mind, and he wasn't mentioned at all.

Another big thing for me, was the improper use of good and well. I can't stand when people use those two words incorrectly, and it's always going to drag the show down in my mind.

Let's see if I can summarize this well...

Good points:
    Chemistry/Voices. The two of you sound cool together and didn't seem burdened by having to do it. Also, I'm easily annoyed by voices, you didn't annoy me.
    Playoff Talk/Predictions. Some of the facts were wrong, but, eh, it's the first show.
    Show Length: Perfect length, anything less would be too short, and for your amount of content on the first show, anything more would've been too long. (I wouldn't complain if the scoreboard update would've been cut, though.)

Show Downfalls:

Lack of Content: Probably should've waited for a little bit more suggestion wise. I understand the idea of getting it up and ready, kind of like a preview-esque of things to come.

Scoreboard Stuff: I understand why you put it there, but the part of the show there dragged on and on.

Small English mistakes/few fact mistakes/lack of detail: As a I stated above. I doubt anyone else will have a problem with this, and if this is your only problem, you're doing well. The playoff talk with the NL gave you a couple fact mistakes, but, whatever. And the lack of detail just made it seem rushed, I mean, I'm not saying it's easy, by any means, either.

All and all, I'm ready for the next show. I'd like to see something like a pre-free agency talk(where you talk about guys becoming free agents, other than just Dave Roberts, and predict where they'll go, ect.) and maybe some award winners discussion.

Anywhoo, I think that's all. Rep+ for all three of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast