The game rules are set by the creator of said game. If they say that each person starts with five points, each person starts with five points. If they say each + vote counts one, and each - vote counts two, that is how it is. I would prefer for all rules to be stated beforehand if they're different then this list

Standard Game Rules:

A) Each person can vote once per hour with one "+" vote (add a point) and one "-" vote (subtract a point).

B) Each entity will start with 10 points

C) The game ends when one entity is remaining or by creator's decision (advance warning on deadline preferable)

However, here are some general forum rules, and if you violate them, I will not hesitate to lock the game or take necessary actions

1. For any future elimination games (and this is effective as soon as the post goes up and I will lock threads that don't apply) in this (or any really) forum where you do not have moderator powers (or administrative powers), you MUST ask an admin or a super mod for permission to create it. We have plenty of worthless games as is and we don't really need any more. If mission wants to overrule me here, fine, but this is my decision. If the game is determined to be one that

A) Won't cause trouble
and/or
B) Will be interesting
and/or
C) Is necessary or preferable due to a lack of elimination games

Then it will likely be allowed. And if you are Leo or DK, I should just ban you right now from making games

Edit: This rule (#1) has been revoked

2. If you plan to create a baseball related elimination game outside the forum and you aren't the moderator of said forum, then please prep the game and submit to either the mod of the forum, or a person in the administration for approval (hint: please have stats, years, and teams ready for players, along with record and a couple notable facts for teams if you're planning to submit to mission or myself, for the main MLB forum at least).

Edit: This rule (#2) has been revoked.

3. Keep it PG to PG-13. If a flame fight breaks out or clear trolling is going on in a topic, I'll warn the offenders. If it continues, I'll either lock the thread or ban the people from the thread. I would prefer no profanity or racial slurs or sexual slurs or anything of that ilk. Flaming is also forbidden and I will automatically lock a thread or ban the people involved (from the thread) if it happens. I want to keep this friendly. If you want a list of words you can't or shouldn't say, well, I hope you're all smart enough to know that. And yes, a deroggertory term insulting gay people is also banned. Hint Hint.

4. All normal forum rules apply to this forum

5. Keep outside debate outside. For instance, if in the Presidents topic, some users get into a fight about politics, I will either

A) Lock the thread
B) Move the offending posts to a new topic
and/or
C) Ask the people to stop

If you don't, I can very well ban elimination games from the forum period and I have no problem with that.
----------------------------------------------------------
More rules may be added if the necessity comes along and I feel it will. Try to have fun but keep it friendly and sane, I don't want to be forced to squash this entire concept.

(If you have any questions on these rules, then PM me and I'll respond, but this isn't up for public debate and if you can't follow these rules, don't play in the game)