Thread: Happy Birthday Strike 3 Forums!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Strike 3 Forums!

In some ways it's hard to believe we're a year old. And then again in other ways, it's not so difficult. I think that's because we might be a young forum, but we're one that's growing and looking to expand. We've experienced our fair share of tough times from the initial need to start up S3F, to the server meltdown a while back. But we're still standing today, and that’s what matters. When getting S3F up and going, I wanted to ensure that it was known how focused we are about baseball. Obviously that would be the focus no matter what, but we're always looking for ways to bring that to another level (and to not get sidetrack from our focus.) And I think that is quite reflective in our core member base, we're all passionate fans here and it doesn't matter what time of the year it is, we just love to talk about baseball.

As for the community, I just can't say enough good things about everyone. Sure we've lost track of some friends but we've also gained some new ones as well. And whether it's suggestions, offers to help, or simply voicing your opinion; you all make S3F what it is today. I really appreciate how loyal everyone is to the site and I ensure you that doesn't go un-noticed. We're really striving to make S3F the premiere place to come talk about baseball. It's going to take time and effort but I am confident in the group we have here today. You can strip a forum down from the graphics or the special add-on's and in the end all that matters is the group you have in place.

I really hope you all stick around for year two of S3F. We're going to continue to look for ways to improve. But most importantly, I hope we can continue to develop this great community of fans. For a first year forum, I'm quite ecstatic with the progress we made. But again, none of this would of been possible without the effort everyone puts into the site. So in closing, I would just like to say I sincerely appreciate the effort put forth and I look forward an even more successful sophomore year.

Time for a moderate round of applause for everyone (no need to show off.)

By the way, Happy April Fools. No gags this year, but future years might not be so safe (now can you understand why we worked so hard in ensuring S3F opened to the public on April 1st 2005? Seriously.)

It was a good year. Lets make 2006-2007 even better.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    I found this site by accident but me joining and staying around hasn't... It's the first message board I have had the urge to remain apart of and a lot of it has to do with all of the great members that make S3F what it is. I was never a big message board type person because I had so many friends I could discuss baseball with in person or over AIM. But, this is just as great if not better, so all in all I want to thank everyone from the ones that created this site, the ones that help run it, and all the members that make it what it is. All of you have made this a great experience for me and I look forward to being around for several S3F birthdays.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It is amazing that we've made it through a year. It seems like just yesterday we got here.

This is really the only place that I enjoy talking baseball, and it's thanks to the quiet few(They know who they are.)

To a good 2006-2007!

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Excellent write-up, Mission.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it seems like it's been longer than a year to me. Hopefully, we can keep building and show some more growth. At least we have one of the best looking sites

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This has been an excellent first year for us. Just look at the potential all the extra stuff brings. Not only are we talking baseball, but we are all becoming good friends. Getting to know every one of you has become one of my favorite parts of being a member of S3F. We really have a great mix of know-it-alls, comedians, and just flat out guys who know how to bring it.

logging on to S3F has become something that I feel I must do on a daily basis. I feel like I have to read every post so I can better get a feel as to how someone thinks about things. I don't want to miss a thing. I am addicted to this place. I seriously get out of bed and go straight to my computer and log on every morning just to catch up on what I missed after I went to bed the night before. I read a quick tidbit on Reds news or a little joke thrown in somewhere in the clubhouse and I think about that as I am getting ready for the day.

This site has become a major part of my life and I hope it grows to become that way for many others in the coming years. We have accomplished so much in the first year I can't imagine how much better we will get this year. The potential of growth is scary without a doubt. Where else can you find a site that looks like this? The graphics on this site are mind blowing. Where else can you find a site that has free contest that are extremely well planned out and thought provoking and grants the winner an awesome prize all for free? This site is amazing and these are the reasons I enjoy it.

Here is to an even better sophomore season!

No sophomore slumps, please.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    i've been here a few months and I seem to spend an hour writing. This is the only time I've ever gotten along with a Red Sox fan concerning baseball, and every Red Fan i know is on this site. Special thanks to General for "turning me on" to the Site. Looking foward to another great year.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    It was a good year. Lets make 2006-2007 even better.
    Dang I missed this anyway

Yeah hopefully we can 06-07 better.

MLB ERA
    Well I've been here since the beginning, joined on April's fools day of last year. Great sharing the experience with you guys. I think it is safe to say our second season will be a lot smoother.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AAA ERA
    Well i joined back when this thing opened and was apart of the old forums. If it wasnt for ghettochild telling me about this site i would never be hear talking with some major baseball fans and highly intelligent baseball people here. Just hope we can keep this up in the forums.

To a good 2006 season.

MLB ERA
    heres to a CINCINNATI REDS CHAMPIONCHIP
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    heres to a CINCINNATI REDS CHAMPIONCHIP
    AMEN TO THAT BRO!