Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strike 3 Forums is back!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    So, in other words..

RZ saved our asses!

I'll make a note of that.
    Actually, RZ saved the NFL site. The database issues that we had were ugly. The server-side folks restored us to a very unpleasant and unacceptable date. RZ walked through with them, step-by-step and we were lucky enough to actually only lose a day's worth of data (actually more like hours) on the NFL board.

RZ earned his stripes with me the moment I started talking to him about the whole situation and began asking for some advice. I asked him if he wanted to join the admin crew and he greatfully accepted. believe me, I'm sure I drove him nuts with some of the questions I threw at him, but never once did he do this or this . He was extremely helpful and full of advice.

I ran a backup on the S3F site back in December and thankfully it was successful. That is where we are at with S3F. The length of time that we were down is something I'd rather not discuss the details on, but I'll say that S3F was a critical matter to me. We were faced with possibly losing everything and starting over on the NFL board, but we were pretty sure we'd have minimal data loss here.

Thankfully that backup that was run in December was a good one. Thankfully Mission didn't walk. If he had, I wouldn't have blamed him. This was something that he sorta went through last year (different circumstances and different situation but similar in ways as well), and I know he didn't want to have to try and rebuild again. I was in contact with Mission quite a bit during the downtime and I can't thank him enough for his patience with the situation. At times, it was completely out of my hands and was just a waiting period which was really frustrating for me as well (see my avatar.. yes that WAS me!)

Part of the downtime was also due to moving from a shared server to setting up a dedicated web hosting server with a completely different OS. This took a few days longer than it should have to get set up (again, won't go into details). The data that needed to be moved is more than most of you know about, as there are other sites that aren't NFL/S3F/NBA forums related that were also part of the equation.

Anyway, long story longer.... we are back. Thank you for sticking with us folks. I know it was frustrating. This is still Mission's and Ted's site. RZ and I have admin powers but we won't be stepping on Mission's toes nor will we be going over their heads to do anything. I am nothing more than a mod who has his fingers in stuff behind the scenes as well as keeping an eye on mission in case he decides to get goofy on us (like painting the whole forum RED)

Hopefully that answers a few more of your questions/concerns.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    This is rather masturbatable.

GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    And a dammed fine job it was too.....it is freaking amazing to come back and still see post counts, rep, etc still in place....big round of applause to the creators of such fine work.....
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat

Starting something, *****/bastard?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Angels

Starting something, *****/bastard?
    Uh huh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Uh huh.

aiight, holmes.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    aiight, holmes.
    k...is it on?

Rookie ERA
    this site looks awsome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123