Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball/Slant - The Sixth Year

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant Baseball/Slant - The Sixth Year

On April 1st, 2005, Strike3Forums was created. Our April Fool's Joke to the online baseball community. We've never tried to take ourselves too seriously and our birthday helps to remind us of that and we get another year with Major League baseball so we couldn't ask for a better day.

Its hard to believe that we are over half the way to a decade. When S3F started, I never thought about how long it would last, nor did I realize how much work I would put into it over the years. That is all worth it though when I see that we still have a core community that have stayed intact for years, through out site changes and life changes. Members who once were considered amongst the young brigade are now graduating from college and beginning careers. Others are getting married, having children, and making other significant moves.

We have now been Baseball/Slant for over one year now. A move that I hope has been more than just in name, one that delivers on a promise I set out which was to provide a unique forum experience to share your take on the game. I can provide the tools, help to craft the functionality, etc to do this, but the promise is only fulfilled when we as a community do what we love to do most, talk about the game we love. It never ceases to amaze me when folks come back after lengthy absences, and that is a testament to the community here.

I hope you are excited as I am for the 2011 MLB season, year six on B/S, and all the fun we are going to have talking about it all. To say thanks, anyone who posts on this thread by the end of this Sunday with what you like most about B/S will be entered into a drawing for a free year of a Baseball Prospectus premium subscription and a free year as a B/S Revolucion Partner.

AAA ERA

Re: Baseball/Slant - The Sixth Year

I've been a member from the beginning. Haven't been around too much really in the past year do to getting everything finished up with college. I like what you said about the core young group who is now starting careers, because that fits me perfect. I love the fact that this board has stayed active for so long. I'll be around more now than I have been because I've got a little more time on my hands. So with that being said, it's been a great 6 year run.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Happy birthday!!! I love this place and hope the members keep pouring in!!

Rookie ERA

I'm not going to lie, the only reason I came here was for the HSL. But I discovered that this place wasn't full of douches, and started posting around the forums. I'm glad to be here.

Happy Bday B/S
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

This place rox.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I spent a year lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce.
    Glad I did, arent ya?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think we should run with "how we discovered this place/brought us here to stay". I bet we'll get some interesting stories. Like some have been mentioned before.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was led here by a supreme douchenozzle, RockSports, to join Mission's OOTP league. Eventually, I ventured out beyond sim leagues, posting everywhere. I remember once "applying" to be a team leader for the Clubhouse forum and was denied. Or just ignored. Perhaps both. But I kept going and stuck around, even when times got tough and rather dicey. We've seen many valued members come and go and come again, but I am happy to have stayed since I joined.

And then Mission got super drunk and made me an Administrator. Ooooh, snap.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was led here by *KoBe* 6 years ago. I joined Mission's league with literally no experience, and experienced a suffering of also-ran seasons (only Shadow has seen worse). I was the M's mod rocking the forum with just 3 people (Element, MF87 and myself). Eventually mission got super drunk like KoZ said and made me an Admin. I've had a Kid, lost a dad and suffered through some bad Mariners seasons.

Thanks B/S for taking away my free time lol.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I think we should run with "how we discovered this place/brought us here to stay". I bet we'll get some interesting stories. Like some have been mentioned before.
    Sounds good to me. We're not writing a book so it can be whatever. If anyone has taught a pet to do the shuffle and will upload the video, I'd count that too. Plus I just really want to see it.

I came to The MLB forum from the NFL forum cause I wanted to talk baseball...that was about seven years ago. I joined Mission's league in its 2010 season, right before the massive TC banhammer was unleashed, and moved over here with everyone else, back when we were still affiliated with the NFL forums.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Someone posted a link over at HFBoards.com, were at one point I spent a lot of time lurking around watching people make ridiculous trade proposal ideas, and talked a little about my Sens. I believe it was Impossibles that posted up about Strike3.

Came over, lurked, and had a coming out party in the commenter march madness.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

This place is decent.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    I was led here by *KoBe* 6 years ago.
    Ditto, although my cynicism was led here from the DodgerBlues message board.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

yep, i ventured over from thenflforums. eventually i stopped posting on tnflf... after something happened with crow and they banned him, but i still respected the opinions of a couple guys over here, and never really bailed on this place. this is one of the few survivors of my forum visiting exodus... doubt id ever leave here honestly, like too many of you. not zito though, hes a dick.

provs post wins though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast