Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball / Slant : Five years of curses, quips, and Manny Being Manny

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant Baseball / Slant : Five years of curses, quips, and Manny Being Manny

April 1st 2005 is when we began and five years later we're still around to laugh about and discuss the game we love.

We've had jokes played on us, cursed team after team with predictions and banners, grabbed the popcorn for rants and arguments, felt panicky when Reds fans swarmed the forums like locusts, banned spammer after spammer, and have experienced more drama than when a certain member saw when he was forced to watch Twilight after losing a bet (to me, suckah.)

Members have come, others have gone, but DirtyKash has remained and that is really what matters, right? We've tried some things and some have worked (Che Stairs, we love you man) and other things which tanked (enjoy all 6.3 B/S podcast episodes folks.) The game has changed too, not only with who is hot but with how GM's value talent. When this forum started, we saw plenty of mediocre backend rotation starters receiving $30 - $40 million to have an ERA float around the 5.00 mark. That contract is a dying breed (you the man Eric Milton.)

But as much as things have changed, you are still stuck with Baseball / Slant and Bud Selig. And sadly, for you, you are B/S. Whatever nasty thing is said about us is said about you, because we don't exist or even matter without our awesome members.

So deal with it.
    (PS, someone said B/S looked totally stupid in that hat.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baseball / Slant : Five years of curses, quips, and Manny Being Manny-04012010-jpg  
    Last edited by missionhockey21; 01-11-2011 at 10:37 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Baseball / Slant : Five years of curses, quips, and Manny Being Manny

Just remember you and that certain member are now even.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As good as the last five years were, the next five years look very promising, starting off with two upcoming epic reviews of Twilight and New Moon, by none other than Porter99. We are awaiting these masterpieces with breathless anticipation.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You're assuming Porter doesn't take the cyanide pill during those "masterpieces."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

5 years? I ask you father time, where have you gone? It is ridiculous to think that I have known you guys for this long. Heck, we have been a part of a team longer than most baseball players stick with one team. Here is a list of some of my most enjoyed parts of the forums.

Fav forum? I have to say that The Clubhouse is my favorite simply because it is where we really get to know one another. Our likes and dislikes and how much we enjoy or hate certain things. The clubhouse is almost blog esque to me in that you can find something new in there every day.

Fav poster? I have to go with brewerfan19 on this one. The dude flat out loves baseball and reminds me a lot of me for some reason. Seems to be kind hearted and loves to keep people happy. Great signs of a leader when it comes to communication in my opinion.

Fav moment? I have to say that I have enjoyed our GOTW moments. When we get a crowd in the games of the week, we usually have a ton of fun. It is awesome watching the same game as everyone else and getting their unique perspective on everything. Many here bring the comedy side to a baseball game and it makes watching that much more enjoyable. Standouts for me there are Provi, DK, General, and KOZ.

Most missed poster? Without giving in to the absence of many of our core posters, I will say that I miss Wally Mo Pena the most. He was a very informative Reds fan and always brought the goods to the conversation. The dude flat out knew his baseball and was always well spoken. I learned a lot from him.

Worst moment? When Bon Bon left....(hahahahaha). No, I have to say that my worst moment while on the forums was when I learned that Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, and Ryan Wagner were traded for scraps. Turns out, it really didn't impact either team either way. But it was hard to take at the time.

Here is to the next 5 years ladies and fellas!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Im stocking up on my Crown Royal before watching the epic movies back to back. Damn Huskies.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    As good as the last five years were, the next five years look very promising, starting off with two upcoming epic reviews of Twilight and New Moon, by none other than Porter99. We are awaiting these masterpieces with breathless anticipation.
    I hear that Mission and Porter are going to have a slumber party complete with makeovers when they have to watch New Moon. My bet is Porter fancies the werewolf kid and Mission of course likes Robert Pattinson.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Does anyone thing we're going to start seeing "Baseball / Slant: The Next Generation" or "Baseball / Slant: The College Years" as the young guys on the site are starting to get pretty haggard and old looking.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Half of us are past the college years. I think we're destined for AARP Years
    Ted

MLB ERA

We're in the rental car years.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Half of us are past the college years. I think we're destined for AARP Years
    No Zito, you're Screech in "Save By The Bell: The College Years." New and younger people will come. You are Screech.

Got it?

You are Screech.

MLB ERA

So Zito is voting for Dirty Sanchez then?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would never go on any VH1 reality show.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Damnit, you got me there.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Five years and another freaking upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast