View Poll Results: The Yankees best outcome in 2010?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • World F**kin Champions!

1 50.00%
  • AL Pennant

0 0%
  • Loss in LDS

1 50.00%
  • Magically they dont make the playoffs.

0 0%

Thread: The House of Porterhouse Slants: Premier Entry

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yankees The House of Porterhouse Slants: Premier Entry

The New York Yankees: The Champs are Here!

Last Season: The Yankees caught fire in the 2nd half of the season. Eventually taking the World F***ing Championship from the Phillies.

Offseason Moves:
    The Yankees added Javy Vazquez, Curtis Granderson, Chan Ho Park, Marcus Thames, Randy Winn and Nick Johnson. They took away privileges from Ching Ming Wang, Brian Bruney, Phil Coke, Jose Molina, Melky Cabrera (Dry's soul went with him), Johnny Damon (could lead the return of captain caveman!), and Xavier Nady (or as Vasgerian puts it X. Nady!)

What does the new additions mean for the Yankees in 2010?:
    Which Javy Vazquez will show up for the Yankees? The one from his first visit or the one from last season that was a under the radar Cy Young candidate in the NL? He should help the depth of the rotation considerably. Curtis Granderson could potentially be a dangerous player in the OF for the Yankees if he learns to hit a LHP? I think eventually he becomes a left fielder and they will have to find a center fielder that can play defense out there. Nick Johnson is your prototypical #2 hitter in any lineup. He's got great plate presence but hes not going to kill you with the bat. Thames, Winn and Park adds depth but wont blow you away with a breakout year any time soon.

The Lineup in 2010:
    The Yankees' offense will be more adapt to deal with injuries. Its the matter how the lineup will shape out in order. Jeter will most likely lead off and Tex/Arod will likely be the 3/4 hitter. After that, its the matter or plug and play. They will score a ton of runs in more ways this season. I think Nick Johnson will benefit in this type of lineup and could have a better than normal year if he stays healthy.

The Rotation in 2010:
    CC Sabathia is earning the money from his deal. AJ Burnett has been feast or famine. As a body of work hes a good #2 starter when on. Javy Vazquez and Andy Pettitte are the wildcards in this rotation. We know Pettitte will most likely show up in October. But can Vazquez keep from caving into the New York pressure? Will the Yankees finally let Joba loose as a starter all season or will they go with Phil Hughes? Teams wish to have that problem.

The Pen in 2010:
    Mo Rivera is the closer and hes an all-timer, after that it gets interesting. Damaso Marte is the token LHP but can lapse in judgement at times. Aceves and Robertson can be as dominant as the were in the 2nd half of the season will show huge strides in the strength of the pen. Mitre and Park are journeymen that just need to bring quality innings. The loser of Hughes and Chamberlain will take the 7th or 8th inning role in front of Rivera. There's less question marks of this bullpen compared to the beginning of 2009.

The Prospects to Watch:
    1. Manny Banuelos (LHP)
    2. Jeremy Bleich (LHP)
    3. Slade Heathcott (OF)
    4. Zach McAllister (RHP)
    5. Mark Melancon (RHP)
    6. Jesus Montero (CA)
    7. J.R. Murphy (CA)
    8. Ivan Nova (RHP)
    9. Eduardo Nunez (SS)
    10. Austin Romine (CA)

Just going off what mlb.com has, they seem to have depth at catcher and pitching.

Outlook on 2010 for the Yanks:
    The Yankees will once again be the clear cut favorites to win the AL for sure. The World Series could be between them and the Phillies. I think they run away with the AL East this season. The Red Sox and Rays do not have the depth to keep up with them.

Prediction: 98-105 wins, 1st Place in the AL East, World Series Champs.

Tomorrow: Detroit Tigers.
    Last edited by Porter; 03-05-2010 at 02:22 AM.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: The House of Porterhouse Slants: Premier Entry

Jeter leads off over Granderson? I think they will put Granderson first and Jeter second. Followed by ARod then Teixeira. This lineup will miss Damon and Matsui though. Those are two left handed bats that will, with their absence, leave a something to be desired.

I think Joba stays in the pen as long as Hughes has a decent spring. Joba, for me, is the future closer of the Yankeees. Mo isn't go to play forever, and one day he will need a replacement. Joba fits nicely as a setup guy now and will be a shoe in to fill the closer role when Mo is out.

I am gong to predict Burnett to have a bad season this year. Just a gut feeling, but I just don't see him being a part of a big 1-2 punch that everyone is declaring the Yankees having.

My favorite prospect on that list is Jesus Montero. The guy is said to have insane power at the plate.

I predict that they will make the playoffs and lose in the Division Series to an undisclosed team.

Good stuff Porter, I like what you have going on here!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twitter, Facebook, YardBarker , and Delicious

My Yankee lineup:

CF Granderson
    SS Jeter
    3B ARod
    1B Teixeira
    C Posada
    DH Johnson
    RF Swisher
    2B Cano
    LF Gardner

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

They'll make the playoffs, but I won't predict anything more than that. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but they are the favorites.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Javy Vazquez and Andy Pettitte are the wildcards in this rotation.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Pettitte maybe. Vazquez is just a bum.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

i dont think so

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Outlook on 2010 for the Yanks:
    The Yankees will once again be the clear cut favorites to win the AL for sure. The World Series could be between them and the Phillies. I think they run away with the AL East this season. The Red Sox and Rays do not have the depth to keep up with them.

Read that, the Red Sox and Rays do not have the money to keep up with them. Either way, it's true. But they lose in the playoffs because you can't count on anyone past Sabathia, Arod is hurt, Jeter is batting under .270 and the bullpen other than Mariano is suspect.