Thread: HOF: Class Of 2010

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

MLB HOF: Class Of 2010

12 All-Star teams, 10 gold gloves, career .300 hitter, and being the best player on 2 championship teams are just the tip of the iceberg when talking about Roberto Alomar accolades. The guy was good and should be an absolute shoe in for the HOF candidacy. If there is a sure thing, he is it.

Cooperstown is going to be a buzz today as the announcements are coming out shortly. So let's take one final look at the class, or the electees for the class of 2010.

The Hawk has eclipsed the numbers that every player available have made it in for. Over 400 HR (438) and more than 1500 RBI (1592). He joined only Willie Mays as the second player ever to hit for 400 HRs and eclipse 300 SBs. The guy had the greatest arm in the OF garnering 8 gold gloves. He was extremely dominant on both sides of the game. He is a definite HOF in my eyes. This year? Perhaps not, but one day for sure.

Does the HOF have room for a DH? Well, they certainly have made room for closers. So, my argument is if they say that a player has to play both sides of the game, how many times did a closer have an AB? Edgar was by far one of the greatest hitters in his era. Some say he was more feared than Griffey Jr. Yet he doesn't have the landmark HR and RBI totals, he still was solid with 309/1261. I think his being a DH will hurt him, but it's dead wrong.

Rock Raines will always be remembered as the guy who played during the Rickey Henderson days. He is his shadow. But I like to compare him to Lou Brock even more. Raines outhit Lou in every single category. Lou obviously had him beat in SBs, but Raines wasn't far behind. If Lou is in, why not The Rock?

.295 career BA, 198 HRs, 379 SBs. Barry Larkin was the dominant NL shortsop in his era. Some say he was better than Cal Ripken Jr. I beg to differ, but he was very close. 12 time All Star, 3 time gold glove and 9 time silver slugger. Larkin will get there one day, just not today.

Bert, why are you not in yet? I think it's a crime. Looking at all pitchers with his kind of numbers and they are in.287 wins may be what hurts him. But that is a soar case for losers. So he didn't get to 300. Good luck finding someone that actually cares. For me, other than Alomar, Blyleven deserves more than anyone else this year.

I will close by saying a healthy good luck to all the candidates. And for the ones who don't make it, there is always next year. Wait, Andre must be tired of hearing that...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOF: Class Of 2010-img324-72-jpg  
    Last edited by missionhockey21; 01-11-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: HOF: Class Of 2010

ANDRE DAWSON IN! Booyah.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Bert gets the ****ing shaft...AGAIN.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Unbelievable! No Alomar or Bert? Seriously, something has to be done to the HOF voting. Blyleven snubbed by 5 votes, Alomar by 8. 5 ballots were left blank! These writers are out of their minds. The greatest second baseman in our era is not in? This has gotten beyond ridiculous. Horrible day for baseball today.

Even satan would get this right. I feel like I am counting on a gerbil to keep this game respected only to see that gerbil crawl in someone's butt when being asked to do something correctly.

MLB ERA

Jim Rice got in last year.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Andre Dawson should not have gotten in over Robbie Alomar. I never bothered to look at Dawson's stats so when I first saw the news that the outfielder was voted in, I assumed he was a perennial 30 home run hitter or at least a superior hitter in batting average and on-base to Alomar. But in fact he was neither.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I watched Mike and Mike this morning, and Greeny was saying one of the reasons why Alomar didn't get in on first ballot is because of the spitting in the face of the umpire incident.

Blyleven was .8% short of needing the minimum of getting in.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.