Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOTP Strategy: Winning Fake Baseball the Saber Way

MLB ERA

Re: OOTP Strategy: Winning Fake Baseball the Saber Way

Look, dumbass, I will take you out into the desert and I will leave you there for the entire month of August if you do not stop posting in this thread.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I've won two of the three leagues using 5 man rotations for the regular season, and then dropping it to a 3 man rotation (for the most part).

And the 6 endurance guys.. I've had good luck with them thus far (Carmona, Ennis, Tiano).

As for Anaheim in S3SL, consider they also have a pretty good offense (2nd in avg, 8th in walks, 7th in runs, 3rd in steals), so they manufacture a good deal of offense without top notch power.
    Yeah but most of the guys in your lineup are high contact-gap guys that do a little bit of everything. While Ive had similar success on offense, With the playoff teams Ive was built from the strong bullpen and a solid 1-2-3 rotation. Ive had success with the 6 endurance guys too (Jimenez, Rayborn before he was dealt in S3)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have that in third strike, or had when I won it. I didn't really have that in S3SL. My offense with the pirates was built on walks, steals, and two incredibly dangerous top of the order hitters.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I've always had the 12 pitchers / 13 hitters roster breakdown. I haven't won a championship yet, but I've always had top pitching. I've always gone with a 5 man rotation with a couple exceptions. I think towards the end of one of the TPSL seasons I went with a 4-man...same for TSSL. And I am changing my rotation to a 4-man in TSSL to see how it does.

I've had 3 studs (4.0's) in a rotation and lost. Outside of that I've had 1 - 2 studs with above average 3's, average 4's, and average 5's. I try to have a stud closer and a couple great relievers as far as my bullpen goes. I'll mix in some slightly above average guys and some average guys...occasionally below average guys to be mopups if I have to. But I guess I try to have my starters eat as many innings as possible and get it to my top relievers like most people do.

My hitting has usually been the weak link, but in the playoffs sometimes the pitching hasn't done as well as it did all year. I think I tend to focus on pitching and defense a little more than offense because I was a pitcher myself. I like have great pitching...I'm just trying to figure out how to win in the playoffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12