1 3.70%
  • Miguel Cabrera

0 0%
  • Other (Please list)

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2006 NL MVP: You Decide

MLB ERA
    Let me add, if a guy with those MVP-like numbers is on a bubble team, I have a lot more leniency towards them and their mvp possibilities much more so than someone on a team with 65 or 70 wins.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What about Pujols leading the LEAGUE in GW RBI and his near .400 average with RISP? That to me makes him more valuable to any team. Look at his stats when its close and late. This is the guy you want in that situation. And abba, your simple math relates to just HRs and RBI. Pujols still has more well-rounded numbers and is better at all the small things on the field. Without Pujols on this team which we all now see isn't having an easy season like you guys suggested, they would be hanging with the Brewers in the standings. Without Howard, they wouldn't have had a "firesale" and who knows.

MLB ERA
    Common sense tells me you can't carry a team who has no talent to the playoffs, even if you are the best player of all-time.

It's like a newspaper who has a brilliant columnist but a lot of other poor journalists surrounding him. Obviously the paper is going to be poor overall, but does that mean that columnist wasn't more valuable to his paper than any other columnist?

I don't think so.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Pujols just hit a 2-out, 3-Run HR in the bottom of the 8th to turn a 2-1 Pads lead into a 4-2 Cards lead.

He did it off Meredith, no less.

Just sayin'.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

uuuuuummmmmmmmmmm... can we all repeat after me...

Pujols-MVP, Pujols-MVP

Enough said!!!!

The simple fact of the matter is that at this point neither player has a clear edge, and the award is completely up for grabs. Howard's power numbers blow Pujols out of the water, but as has been mentioned, the intangibles Pujols brings to the table, such as fielding, rising to clutch situations, and just all around great fundamental baseball make him as valid a candidate as Howard. To be honest, I want Howard to win it this year because I see Pujols as a frontrunner for MVP every single season until he's 35. I also see him being the best hitter of all time when all is said and done, if not the best player, so giving an MVP award to Howard is not really a travesty when he is having a season like this one.

Like I mentioned, best player: Pujols. Most valuable: Howard.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Look at Chase Utley's September numbers. Howard is not carrying this team alone. Plus he had that 36 game hitting streak. You have to keep that in mind as Pujols has nothing like that on his team.

Of Pujols' 47 long balls this year, 19 have given the Cardinals a lead they never relinquished.

MLB ERA
    If the Cardinals hold onto their lead and make it into the playoffs, Its because Albert Pujols got hits at key times for them. He wins the award in that case.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Pujols!!!!!! thanks for the memories though Mr. Howard.. Nothing to be ashamed of, awesome year by both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    I've had enough, no reason to continue to convince anyone. We will let the votes speak for themselves. Here on the forum and in real life. Enough said.
    The Media has spoken...Howard...Fin.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567