Thread: Where will Craig Wilson go?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Where will Craig Wilson go?

With so much talk of him being traded soon we have to wonder where he will go and what the Bucs will get for him.

We have heard that the Reds, BoSox, and Orioles have interest. The Red Sox are likely out of it because they signed Choi. So what about the Reds and O's? The O's are reportedly leery of Wilson's $3.3 million contract. But what do they have that would help the Pirates in a deal so close to Opening Day?

There has been little talk about the Reds being a suitor. Yet what do the Pirates want from them as well? The Reds have plenty of catchers all of a sudden with the addition of Ross. But with Doumit, are they looking for catching?

Where will Wilson go?

Rookie ERA
    my guess on Craig is he wil stay for a while considering that for the last 3 years or so every spring training we hear that Craig might get traded but it never happens.

with this year thought he is a sub in with Jeremy Burnitz(who i do not like) I think he will be gone by the trade dedline to a team in the race who needs a very good LF or 1B....I see him going to the Red Sox by then

Red Sox? They got Pena, Choi, Nixon, Kapler and Snow. No need for him to go to the Sox.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Send him to the Giants!!

Don't you guys have Pedro Feliz?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Feliz is playing 3B isn't he? With Niekro at 1B?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    We don't need Wilson and his salary. The lineup and bench is set in SF and its a pretty good one. Sweeney and Neikro will be platooning at first and we have too many OFers as is.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Craig Wilson was not flustered about the most recent trade rumor that has him going to Atlanta in a deal for pitcher John Thomson.

"At this point, I'm really not going to worry about it," Wilson said. "The only thing I can do is go out and hit the ball and catch the ball and throw the ball. If something happens, it happens. I'll pack up and go. If not, I'll pack up my stuff and head north to Pittsburgh -- or actually Milwaukee."

Wilson said he believes there's a 100 percent chance he'll be with the Pirates opening day.

"Because, once again, everything that's written is a rumor until something actually happens. If you went by rumors, [Jason] Kendall would have gone to 16 different teams one spring. So until something actually happens, I'm here and I'm happy to be here."
    Looks like he is trying to be optimistic, but no real. He just botched a routine fly ball today in LF. Is he that bad an outfielder?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Wilson is drooling for the chance to play with an actual winner and Wilson is an average OFer. Being kind as always.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep standard PR stuff. I hate that about professional sports. You never get anyone to just say how they feel. Most of them are even coached.

I say screw all the politics and be yourself. Then again, I wouldn't worry much about a contract either. I would let my play do the talking and not be money hungry like most. Its only if you follow the unspoken rules, you will get what you want. I hate that.

Rookie ERA
    he can hit...fielding is his flaw...I mean I would hate to lose the guy he's one of my favorites ,but 3 million to ride the pine most days? I don't know....my guess Burnitz gets hurt Wilson steps in produces then deadline the amazing Mcclatchy will trade him to....the LA Dodgers