Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Tracy is your new manager

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That is just being a bad GM and spending to money on the wrong things. What happens if these guys just suck flat out and never recover? That will set this team farther back which I don't think they can. There is a real nice core there but how long before they sell it. Pirates need new team management. Pirates aren't spending money is my point. Getting proven pitchers isn't a waste of money either.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it is. When the pitchers that your GM gets don't; A. Help the team win. and B. Net prospects at the trade deadline. There is no reason to even try. Let the kids play, if they don't pan out, bring up another kid and give him a shot. No reason to spend money on a team that's not going to win.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    But how do you know the pitchers won't help you win? Pretty sad how management has already let down you as a Pirate fan as you already know you are going to lose.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Like I said, I'd rather lose with young players than be given some false hope with middle of the rotation pitching that isn't going to win us anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12