Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Pirates Season Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is offically Eldred's rookie season, as he has eclipsed 130 AB in the majors. He hasn't been too bad either, that K number is quite high though.

Game 4 tonight in the Dodgers' series, Kip v. Edwin Jackson. Hopefully we can pull out the split. My question is, why is Bullington not starting this game? Kip has been just freaking awful in the last month.

Rookie ERA
    ohh okay thanks i wasn't sureon the rules on rookies, yeah we need to pitch Bullington tonight Kip has been horendous let a young guy try we don't have a chance at anything right now so experiment

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    9-4 loss last night.

Kip goes 5 and give up 4. Which is probably the best we can ask for at this point. Multi hit games for Bay(who also stole his 21st base) and McLouth(who hit his 2nd HR).

You know Jason Bay and Alfonso Soriano are the only 30 HR- 20 SB's in the league coming into last night's games?

2 with the Cubs starting tonight, with Zach Duke trying to end Maddux's bid for another 15 win year(I believe he also starts on Sunday.) And on Wednesday, I'll run a gameday for the WGN game to help wrap up the Pirates season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pirates 5
    Cubs 2

Zach Duke wins #7 tonight, beating Greg Maddux. That makes Duke 7-2 with a 1.85 ERA for the season...not bad at all. Homers for Bay and McLouth. Bay also had an RBI single to give him 4 RBI. McLouth stole a base as well for the Pirates. 2 hits for Bay, Sanchez and Duke.

Duke's line of the night: 8 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HR.

Torres worked the 9th for his 2nd save.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    3 with the Brewers to wrap it up.

Friday: Oliver Perez(L, PIT)(7-5, 5.97) v. Doug Davis(L, MIL)(11-11, 3.85)
    Saturday: Kip Wells(R, PIT)(7-18, 5.29) v. Tomo Ohka(R, MIL)(11-8, 3.95)
    Sunday: Zach Duke(L, PIT)(7-2, 1.85) v. Rick Helling(R, MIL)(3-1, 2.39)

I'll probably head out to the park tomorrow, and I'm going for sure tonight. I'll be back on Sunday with the info on the games.

Rookie ERA
    very cool your getting out to the games hope you enjoy them lets just not let them Brewers finish .500 that can be our goal

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Friday: Ugh, the Brewers finish .500. MIL 6, PIT 5. Oliver Perez allowed 2 in 5, but Ryan Vogelsong and John Grabow continued to give up runs and the Pirates blew a 5-0 5th inning lead. The Pirates got 2 hits from Humberto Cota and Freddy Sanchez and stolen bases from JWilson, CWilson and Mackowiak. Derrick Turnbow picked up save #39 for Milwaukee.

Saturday: Kip Wells finally wins! PIT 5, MIL 1. Wells went 6.2 and gave up 0 earned runs(1 total) to defeat the Brewers. 2 hits for Furmaniak, CWilson, Sanchez and McLouth. Jason Bay also added his 101st RBI of the season. The bullpen only allowed 1 walk in 2.1 IP to seal the victory.

Sunday: Another nice win to end the season. PIT 3, MIL 1. Zach Duke won his 8th game, raising his season ERA to 1.81, by giving up 1 ER in 7. 2 hits for JWilson and Paulino. McLouth and CWilson added homers to account for the only runs. 18-Game winner Chris Capuano took the loss by giving up 3 ER in 5.2 IP.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345