Thread: Pirates ready to deal Redman to Florida

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Pirates ready to deal Redman to Florida

Bucs still pursuing Redman deal
    John Perrotto, Times Sports Staff
    07/26/2005

The Pittsburgh Pirates want Florida's top prospect back in a trade for left-hander Mark Redman, but the Marlins aren't budging.

Multiple baseball sources said Monday that the Pirates are asking for Class AA Carolina outfielder Jeremy Hermida, ranked as the Marlins' top prospect coming into this season by Baseball America. However, the Marlins refuse to give up Hermida and are said to be unwilling to bend.

Hermida, 21, is hitting .305 with 15 homers, 50 RBIs and 20 steals in 91 games this season. He was the Marlins' first-round draft pick in 2002 as a high school player from Marietta, Ga.

Florida has a host of pitching prospects they are willing to trade, but the Pirates are looking for young hitters either at the major-league level or just about ready to play in the big leagues.

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

AA ERA
    I wouldn't budge either. Redman is not worth that!
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Pirates missed their opportunity to get some decent players out of the deal.

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    This deal is laughable. Hermida for freaking Mark Redman? Let's get real. At least when Redman was hot, the deal would of been somewhat ok to accept (even though at that point it still would of been a Pirates steal.) The Marlins have been waiting on Hermida to develop for quite some time and he is finally developing his power this season. It would be so stupid to deal him at this point.

Code:
    Club 	Class 	AB  	H  	AVG  	HR  	RBI  	SB  	R  	CS  	2B  	3B  	BB  	K  	E
    Carolina (SOU) 	AA 	290 	85 	.293 	14 	45 	19 	60 	2 	20 	1 	81 	70 	4
    Look at his walks to strikeouts ratio. I mean, get real Pirates, this kid is polished and will be a stud for the Marlins in addition to Cabrera. The Pirates would be lucky to get someone like Logan Kensing or Josh Johnson IMO.

Rookie ERA
    the question is, how bad does florida want a lefty? if they want one bad enough the pirates just might get this prospect. i'm sure though he'll shit the bed once he becomes a pirate anyway.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hermida is a top 10 spect in the league, the Marlins aren't as dumb as the Mets are(Kazmir for Zambrano).

The Pirates would be lucky to get someone like Logan Kensing or Josh Johnson IMO.[/QUOTE]

If the Pirates do either of those guys for Redman, I would seriously kill myself.

Heh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd deal him for something more useful, he's fading into crappy oblivion and soon they won't even get a hotdog for Redman.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.