Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pirates' front office spews absolute BS

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Pirates' front office spews absolute BS

I don't think so. McClouth still outperformed Brandon Moss and Steven Pearce, whichever one platoons with Garrett Jones. Charlie Morton didn't exactly become the Pirates' own Matt Garza.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know so! Pirates dropped one spot in the division all the while getting better for next year and saving money. McCutchen was being blocked and Andrew is a far better player than McClouth and he was a rookie. Its very clear if you choose to see. Morton wasn't Garza but he showed a lot and I mean a lot more imporvement in PA. Three players for McClouth with the season he was having up until that point was the right way to go, so was unblocking McCutchen.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They could have kept both McClouth and McCutchen. It wasn't an either or proposition. If Brandon Moss wasn't such a bust with the bat, then you can argue that McClouth was expendable.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They could have but what good what it have done for the future of the club? NONE! McLouth was expendable. Now they have an OF of Milledge, McCutchen (far better than McLouth) and Jones and for a whole lot cheaper. It is real easy! There was no point in keeping McLouth when they could get three promising prospects with the way McLouth was playing. That's how I can argue he was expendable. Any small market team would have made that move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12