Thread: Why Tabata Was A Terrible Choice

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pirates Why Tabata Was A Terrible Choice

Last year, the Pirates made the horrible trade of sending Damaso Marte and Xavier Nady to the Yankees for Jeff Kartsens, Daniel McCutchen, Ross Olendorf and the troubles Jose Tabata. Tabata was once a top prospect for the Yankees but he had way too many attitude problems and even had to serve a suspension because of that reason. The Yankees lost all confidence in him.Also at the time of the trade, Tabata was fighting a wrist injury making the trade look even worse. His power never came around. Now there's this:

Jose Tabata's wife was questioned Tuesday on charges of taking an infant and could be charged with false imprisonment.
    Amalia Tabata Pereira, 43, allegedly abducted the infant Monday afternoon and reportedly turned the child, who was safe, in to the Manatee County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday afternoon. "I was shocked to be told today that my wife has been arrested for kidnapping," Tabata said in a statement. "I am hurt, frustrated and confused by her actions. I have and will continue to cooperate with law enforcement officials in any way that I can. Until I have all of the facts, I cannot comment any further." That the 20-year-old Tabata is married to a 43-year-old is one of the oddities that has led baseball personel to question his makeup. However, this borders on the unbelievable. Plant City police Capt. Darrell Wilson indicated that Pereira has a criminal record that includes theft and fraud convictions and that police did not have a hometown for her because she has several aliases.
    This is part of the reason why the Pirates will not reach .500 any time soon. They makes terrible decisions and never keep their good players. Nady and Marte were worth a lot more than what they got in return. Tabata was a terrible choice and looks like they may never get to see him in a Pirates uniform now. Great job Pittsburgh!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Why Tabata Was A Terrible Choice

I don't even know what to say about this.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Don't understand the point here. How is it to say that, say, Austin Jackson would've panned out better in Pittsburgh?

Besides, Tabata is 20, it's not like he doesn't have plenty of time to turn it around, whether his personal life is screwed up or not. Elijah Dukes started hitting last year, and his life and attittude is FAR beyond Tabata.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Considering Austin Jackson is a better player who doesn't have attitude problems makes a huge difference. Plus I don;t think Jackson has a wrist injury at the time of the trade. And if Tabata gets charged with kidnapping, he won't have any time to turn things around. He will be in prison. Elijah Dukes is not a good ballplayer just so you know.

MLB ERA

Am I reading the quote wrong? Isn't it his wife that's being charged with kidnapping?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Holy shit you are 100% correct!!! I feel like such a **** now! I thought it read that his wife accused him of kidnapping. Maybe I should be put in the S3F's Biggest Boner bin.