Thread: Pirates Make History

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pirates Pirates Make History

Bucs sign pair of Indian hurlers | MLB.com: News

On Monday, the Pirates signed two young Indian pitchers, 20-year-old right-hander Dinesh Patel and 19-year-old southpaw Rinku Singh, as non-drafted free agents. Both will participate in the team's Minor League Spring Training next year.

"The Pirates are committed to creatively adding talent to our organization," general manager Neal Huntington said in a statement. "By adding these two young men, we are pleased to not only add two prospects to our system but also hope to open a pathway to an untapped market.
    Good for the Pirates and good for MLB all around. Very interesting and creative way they went about finding these guys. I wonder if more teams will start to do this in other countries.

MLB ERA

Re: Pirates Make History

I just got home and read it on the bottom line, I was so ****ing surprised to see this and excited! First Obama becomes the first black President, then Wakamatsu becomes first Japaneese managers in the majors, and now this, truly amazing, I will be rooting for these guys!

MLB ERA

This is an interesting situation. If the kids can pitch, the Pirates have something here. We'll find out soon enough.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

More on this awesome story:

Indian hurlers' inking opens new market | MLB.com: News

MLB might not be America's past time but their global efforts is what separates them from the NFL. Looks like they might have turned a whole new country onto baseball.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

brewcrew is gonna be pissed when he learns that all his fav cricket players will soon be turning into baseball players.

Good for these two.