Thread: Lincoln, Burnett, JVB: Sent to Minors

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Lincoln, Burnett, JVB: Sent to Minors

Credit: Rotoworld.com, per usual.

Pirates optioned RHP Bryan Bullington and RHP John Van Benschoten to Triple-A Indianapolis; reassigned RHP Brad Lincoln, LHP Michael Tejera, RHP Kip Bouknight, C Steve Lerud and C David Parrish to minor league camp.

Bullington appeared further along than Van Benschoten in his two appearances this spring. Getting him to minor league camp now will make it easier for the Pirates to stretch him out. Both pitchers should be in the rotation at Indianapolis.

Pirates optioned RHP Yoslan Herrera to Double-A Altoona.

The Cuban defector gave up five runs -- four earned -- in an inning Sunday in his only official appearance of the spring. The Pirates hope to see him in the majors before the end of the year, but he has some work to do following a nearly two-year layoff.

Yoslan gets a major league deal, and he's down by March 6? I understand the layoff and everything, but come on, at least give him a couple more appearances to dust himself off.

Bullington and JVB in the rotation at Indy is only good news, as maybe one of them can turn into something more than the busts we've already labeled them. Also, would've liked to see a little more Lincoln this spring, he's supposed to be the ace of the future(Credit: Baseball America), and I just need to see a little more of him to throw him ahead of Duke and Gorzelanny.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah it sounds a little early to be making declarations already. I am shocked to see cuts going on so soon. Not that I know so much about these guys, but it sounds to me like they deserved to be looked at some more.