Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official...Pirates trade rumor thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The official...Pirates trade rumor thread

All trade rumors go in this thread.

The Yankees are reportedly in "very serious" negotiations for Roberto Hernandez.
    No word on what they'd have to give up for the 41-year-old middle reliever. New York is also said to be talking to Pittsburgh about Craig Wilson and Salomon Torres. Jul. 18 - 10:19 am et
    Source: Newark Star-Ledger

AA ERA
    reported the Giants and Dodgers are vying for Pirates closer Mike Gonzalez, a 28-year-old left-hander who is 14-for-14 in save opportunities.
    I'd love to have that arm Witlon.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, alot of teams would.

I'm hoping and praying that we can hold on to him and sign him long term. He's now 15 for 15 in save ops, and his confidence is only rising. He's quickly becoming a face of this team.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Yeah, alot of teams would.

I'm hoping and praying that we can hold on to him and sign him long term. He's now 15 for 15 in save ops, and his confidence is only rising. He's quickly becoming a face of this team.

i understand the reason to keep him. seriously though if his value is high and we can get a number of solid prospects, why not trade him? capps could be the closer.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I'll put it this way. Unless they no prospects out of Casey, Burnitz, Wilson and Randa, I see no reason to trade Gonzo unless we get a REAL good deal.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    The Yankees must have offered them something, maybe $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, cause they don't have much for prospects, why should they. All they do is try to buy their Championship. I say keep Gonzalez and build, build, build. I really think the the Pirates are just like my Brewers, 1/2 starters away and some bullpen help. Both teams have a nice nucleus of hitters... Pirates do one thing better than the Brewers, play defense. I like Jack Wilson as SS. He is tough...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Link: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06212/709935-63.stm

Although he is holding his cards to the final hours, Pirates general manager Dave Littlefield is expected to make two or more trades today.

Most likely to go are first baseman Sean Casey, possibly to the Los Angeles Angels, and reliever Roberto Hernandez, who seems all but bound for the New York Yankees. The others being shopped are starter Kip Wells, third baseman Joe Randa and outfielders Craig Wilson and Jeromy Burnitz.
    Littlefield described himself as being in "real serious" talks with 8-12 teams and said he spoke with one counterpart five times yesterday morning alone.

"I'm sure we'll make a deal or two. It's hard to say which teams and which players, but it's got to be something that's a fair return for what we have to offer."
    Hopefully he can come through and move Casey, Randa, Burnitz, Wilson, Hernandez, Marte and Torres.

Man, there's a lot of guys out there. I figure only 2 or 3 will move at most, with Marte and Burnitz being the least likely to move.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Denver Post is reporting that Ryan Shealy is expected to be traded prior to Monday's 4 p.m. non-waiver trading deadline.

The Pirates and the Royals are the two favorites to land the services of Shealy with Baltimore and the Yankees also interested. The Royals are expected to be offering left-handed reliever Jeremy Affeldt and a minor-league prospect, while the Pirates would deal left-handed reliever John Grabow and center fielder Nate McLouth.

Bleh, trading McLouth isn't something that needs to be done. Grabow for Shealy, fine. But not Grabow and McLouth.

Also, in the "Strike Zone" column, Rotoworld columist Matthew Pouliot says...and I quote "If Dave Littlefield can’t get anything done on Monday, he goes from being a bottom-five GM to a Chuck LaMar-type laughingstock."

I second, third and fourth that statement.

Credit: Rotoworld.com
    StrikeZone Column: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...MLB&columnid=2

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Mets have reportedly discussed a deal where they would receive Roberto Hernandez and Kip Wells from the Pirates.

In exchange for Hernandez and Wells the Mets would give up Heath Bell, Anderson Hernandez and Double-A reliever Matt Lindstrom. Hernandez would immediately give the Mets' bullpen a boost while Wells would give the rotation insurance in case aging-starters Pedro Martinez or Tom Glavine need to spend time on the disabled list in the final months of the season.

Source: Rotoworld via New York Daily News

I'd love to see this deal happen. I mean, I'm not real high on Bell, but Anderson Hernandez's defensive potential is awesome and Linstrom's power arm is has me VERY intrested, especially if Kip got moved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    The Yankees must have offered them something, maybe $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, cause they don't have much for prospects, why should they. All they do is try to buy their Championship. I say keep Gonzalez and build, build, build. I really think the the Pirates are just like my Brewers, 1/2 starters away and some bullpen help. Both teams have a nice nucleus of hitters... Pirates do one thing better than the Brewers, play defense. I like Jack Wilson as SS. He is tough...
    once again, lets re-iterate. The Yankees have not won a single championship since the starting spending huge amounts of money on players. Get it through your head.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ugh, so much for Casey being the top trade bait. Looking in the 2006 Baseball America Prospect handbook, Rogers isn't listed in their top 30 spects and he's not on the team depth.

If this was all they could get, it should've been done 2 months ago.

Rookie ERA
    i'm more amazed that shelton got demoted to AAA. and to think in april we all wanted him here.

who the hell is going to play first for us now? the joker?

Craig Wilson, plz.

Kthxbai.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm supposing this means the Shealy deal or something of the like is going to get done, which would be a mistake if we had to give up McLouth as well.

I'm betting there's still 2 or 3 more moves to go, so speculation probably should wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast