Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pirates Season Thread

AA ERA
    I had a chance to talk to Pirates fans at the George Washington Bridge on Thursday night. Here's what happened. We had a delay at the GWB at 10 o'clock on a Thursday night. I and a lot of people decided to get off the bus and walk on the bridge because there was going to be delay for 4 hours. Anyway as I was walking, I ran into several Pirates fans who are making the trip to NY and Boston. I decided to make conversation with them just so I can enjoy my walk to the bridge. I was telling this gentlemen about how I enjoy watching the Pirates and how Lloyd has done a very good job. The fact that he noticed that I know a little about Pirates made him happy so we started going in depth about the team.

We talked about Lloyd, Littlefield, the future of the franchise, and possible new ownership. We also talked a little about what's wrong with Oliver Perez, who has not looked right all year.

We talked little Steelers football and talked about Cowher's inability to win the big game.

Talked about the Penguins getting a new arena. I also talked about the Penguins/Devils rivalry in the 90s. I also made a joke about how the Penguins were the reason why the North Stars left Minneapolis. Penguins beat the North Stars to win the Stanley Cup in 1991 and the next year, the North Stars played their final season in Bloomington, MN.

Talked about the Pittsburgh media, FSN's Pittsburgh Sports Tonight, Stan Savaran, and that village idiot, Mark Madden. I have no idea who is a jagoff. Sididiot Rosenberg, who should have been fired from WFAN for his remarks about this lady who had breast cancer, or Mark Madden. Those two guys are an embrassment to sports radio and it's a shame guys like them are still on the industry.

I spent my time bashing NY and Boston sports fans and the guy cracked up.

It was fun. I really enjoyed my chat with that guy along with his family. It made my walk to the GWB special. I gotta say Pittsburgh sports fans rock. They are hardcore sports fans in my book.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    To put my feelings about the Pirates as short as possible: **** the pirates. Those ****ers couldn't get shit from the ****in Giants for Jason ****in Schmidt and now the ****in Giants have a ****in ace who ****in powns the Dodgers everytime he steps on the ****in mound. Thanks a ****in lot, *****es.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Armando Rios and Vogelsong were well worth Jason Schmidt.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pirates win 9-8 tonight.

Brad Eldred was 4-4 with 2 doubles including the game winning hit. Good to see the offense scoring some runs, even though Meadows blew it for Dave.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345