Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Season Thread

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Yeah that's a tough loss, this is the kind of game that my birds have been on the losing end of for many a year, looks like we are getting some bounces this year.
    Have not seen many Bucs games and was looking forward to getting a look at Jason Bay, but last night was not very memorable, he looked bad at the plate. Tonight we have RHP 21 years old Hayden Penn, making his third professional start out of AA Bowie. PNC seems to be a very spacious park, looks like as a pitcher, as long as you don't let lefties pull the ball to right, you have good chance of keeping the ball in the park, hell I's swear it was a national league park. LOL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I have Hayden Penn in one of my keeper leagues w/ Minors. Looking forward to seing him pitch tonight.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    BIG BIG BIG Time win tonight.

3 run homer to tie it in the 8th by Ward and Jackers with the go-ahead and game winner. Mesa worked faced 3 in the nineth for another save.

Gotta love Jorge Julio!

Rookie ERA
    That was a disgusting display from Julio. That's been his problem, when he comes out and only has his fastball working and nothing else, that's what happens. All MLB hitters are pretty good fastball hitters, some better than others, but he had nothing else to throw off thier timing. I suggest that we pitch around Ward today, after Mondays game, he would not have seen another pitch to hit If it were up to me. Bruce Chen going today, if you are not familiar with him, he is a finesse pitcher with a couple different changeup speeds, control is essential for him, when he is on, he's pretty tough to hit.
    At least I won't have to worry about fastball after fastball over the plate. Somebody, anybody, take Julilo off of our hands!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Should be a good matchup tonight if Chen and Kip pitch like they have for the last month. Hopefully the Pirates can pullout another series win .

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kip pitched 7 strong, only allowing 1 run(a Tejada homer). Mack had 4 RBI with a triple, double and single. Gotta love the way this team's played.

4-2 against Baltimore and Atlanta. Very nice.

Rookie ERA
    Congrats on your series victory, I hope it's another 26 years until we come back, Pittsburgh is not very hospitable to my O's or Raiders while I mention it. Good luck the rest of the wat!

Rookie ERA
    damn do we look good! if we sweep, we're above .500!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll accept the loss yesterday, pulled it even but couldn't get the runs back in extras.

Not something that's going to piss me off.

Off day today.

Rookie ERA
    bring on the YANKS!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    I have Hayden Penn in one of my keeper leagues w/ Minors. Looking forward to seing him pitch tonight.
    Which one the one with the 10000000000000000000000000000 spects you have compared to my 8 to 10?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    god that was tough loss to take last night! i really thought redman pitched well, too bad mesa blew it.

Rookie ERA
    wow what a series. we really came back down to earth in a hurry. hopefull we'll be able to rebound in boston this weekend.

AAA ERA
    I must admit i am really impressed w/ your team. I love your infield and I hope you can keep those guys together to grow together. Best of luck the rest of the way and do us a favor and beat the Sox once or twice

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I must admit i am really impressed w/ your team. I love your infield and I hope you can keep those guys together to grow together. Best of luck the rest of the way and do us a favor and beat the Sox once or twice

thanks for the vote of confidence man. if we can keep our infield together and get a bat in the outfield we'd be set, maybe.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast