Thread: The Philly Phyles

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Philly Phyles

Cole Hamels pitched brillantly today

Code:
    IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA  
    9.0 5 1 1 2 15 1 2.57
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: The Philly Phyles

I guess he did... Phils are playing better baseball since Manuel's temper tantrum!

MLB ERA

News from the 1st of June.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Carlos Carrasco allowed two hits over seven scoreless innings Thursday for Single-A Clearwater.
    Carrasco, the Phillies' top pitching prospect, was in his second start back from a strained groin. He's 5-2 with a 3.59 ERA in 10 outings.

Jason Jaramillo went 3-for-4 with a pair of solo homers Thursday for Triple-A Ottawa.
    Jaramillo hit just .143 in May before Thursday's outburst. He's at .233/.310/.327 overall, which is disappointing. He'd have to step it up over the rest of the season if he wants to compete for a job on the Phillies next season.

Adam Eaton was hit hard for five runs in just two innings of work versus the Giants tonight.
    Eaton had pitched better of late, going at least six innings and allowing a total of eight earned runs over his last four starts. He was up to his old tricks tonight, however, as he walked four and gave up a grand slam. He's not an option against the Mets next time out.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

News from the 2nd of June.
    Brett Myers (shoulder strain) could begin throwing this weekend.
    Depending on how Myers feels during his first few bullpen sessions he could be ready to come off the disabled list when he is eligible next week.

Abraham Nunez went 0-for-4 on Saturday, leaving him hitless in 14 at-bats since May 24.
    The Phillies started Nunez over Wes Helms against the lefty tonight, but that might stop happening now that the utilityman has cooled off. Sure, Helms is never going to live up to his contract, but he's worthy of a spot versus southpaws.

Cole Hamels needed just 97 pitches -- 78 of them strikes -- to record his second career complete game Saturday in a 4-2 win over the Giants.
    Hamels had just five strikeouts, his lowest total since April 26, but the quick outs helped him go the distance. He has eight wins in his last 10 starts, and his 91 strikeouts are second in the majors, one behind Jake Peavy.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

News from the 3rd of June.
    Ryan Madson was given a save opportunity against the Giants on Sunday, but he was pulled once the winning run reached base.
    Madson entered with a runner on first and two outs in the eighth before retiring Barry Bonds to end that rally. In the ninth, Madson walked Fred Lewis and Ryan Klesko after Randy Winn grounded out to start the inning. Madson was then pulled for acting closer Antonio Alfonseca, who allowed one of the inherited runners to score before inducing a double play. The Phillies scored in the bottom of the inning, allowing Alfonseca to pick up the win. Expect Alfonseca to get the next save opportunity right from the start of the inning.

Shane Victorino hit a walk-off solo homer in the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants on Sunday.
    The Phillies blew a one-run lead in the top of the inning, but Victorino drilled a 1-0 pitch from reliever Kevin Correia over the fence in left. The blast gave the Phillies a 9-8 win, allowing them to get back to .500 at 28-28. The homer was Victorino's fourth of the season. Chase Utley, Aaron Rowand, and Ryan Howard also homered in the contest.

MLB ERA

News from the 4th of June.
    Tom Gordon (illness, shoulder) felt great after a 60-pitch flat ground session with pitching coach Tom Dubee on Sunday.
    Gordon is going to head to the Phillies' spring training facility in Clearwater on Monday to continue his rehab. He is still at least a week away from throwing off a mound and three weeks from returning from the disabled list.

Jon Lieber surrendered five runs in five-plus innings Monday in a loss to the Giants.
    Lieber had a shutout going for four innings until the Giants exploded for five runs in the fifth. He came back out for the sixth, but left after a leadoff double. Lieber's ERA avoided further damage because Mike Zagurski stranded the runner. Lieber has turned in three straight subpar outings. The Phillies won't think about replacing him, but NL-only leaguers could bench him until he gets it turned around.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Phillies acquired LHP Jake Taschner from the Giants for catcher Ronny Paulino.
    Taschner wouldn't have been on our list of lefties to gamble on, but the Phillies weren't going to use Paulino over Chris Coste and they did want another southpaw with J.C. Romero out. Taschner had a 4.88 ERA in 67 appearances covering 48 innings last season. He's a very borderline major leaguer.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516