Thread: Phils win behind Myers' gem

Phils win behind Myers' gem

Phils wrapped up their 3rd straight tonight, beating the Marlins 4-1. Brett Myers followed up his great first start with another stellar start, and his stuff looked downright nasty. 5.1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 8 K's and the win. He's now 1-0 on the season with a 0.73 ERA, 15 K's and 2 walks in 12 innings pitched.

It's been awhile(3 years, since his rookie year to be specific) since Myers has strung together two consecutive great starts. If he could develop some consistency, that would go a long, long way to our success on this season. He has the nastiest stuff of any of our starters, but he hasn't been able to maintain it for extended periods of time.

Other notes: Burrell continued his offensive onslaught with a 2-run HR in the top of the 1st... thats 4 HR's and 17 RBI in 7 games. Chase Utley was benched AGAIN for Placido Polanco, and Polanco showed his worth by going 0-5. **** PLACIDO, START UTLEY.

AAA ERA
    i really enjoyed it how you guys ownd the cards this weekend...helped us out alot

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Myers gets the win against Marquis and the Cards again. Myers may be becoming one of the best young pitchers in the game. I think he has the absolute best curve ball in the game and he throws hard. Great win for this team as I enjoy anytime the great Cards can be beat.