Thread: Victorino's current market?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Phillies Victorino's current market?

The Phillies continue to talk to a bunch of teams about Shane Victorino, although their recent hot streak has left them more up in the air than ever about whether to trade a core player such as Victorino, whom they can't easily replace. Their asking price has been a young, but proven, setup reliever, plus a young outfielder or third baseman. But to get Victorino moved, said an official of one club, they're going to have to cut that price in half. Other teams expect them to narrow their focus eventually just to young relievers. Among the names we hear they've asked about: Pittsburgh's Brad Lincoln, Tampa Bay's Wade Davis, Cleveland's Vinnie Pestano and Cincinnati's Logan Ondrusek.
    If Pittsburgh landed Victorino for Lincoln, that wouldn't be half bad?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Victorino's current market?

I just read today they offered him to Reds for Ondrusek and Reds told them No..

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah it's odd to hear the Pirates balked at Brad Lincoln but that bullpen is a big reason they are near the top of the NL Central. Plus they might have wanted to give Marte a short try out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The waffling Phillies claim they're sellers now after being waxed by the Braves. Victorino, Blanton, Pierre and even Pence could be on the block. I'd imagine the first two would go, Pierre has been solid too. Pence would take a lot I'd imagine.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

@JonHeymanCBS: #dodgers victorino deal looking very likely. LA likely set up possibility by acquiring b. league late monday. #phillies

@DKnobler: Reds wanted Victorino, too, but wouldn't meet what they considered Phillies' high price

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What a coincidence that this fucker forgets how to hit once he's back with the Dodgers.