Thread: Phillies shopping Worrell and Padilla to the Sawx?

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA

Phillies shopping Worrell and Padilla to the Sawx?

Poor offerings from Philly

The Philadelphia Phillies are actively shopping starter Vicente Padilla and veteran reliever Tim Worrell.

Padilla, who was sent to the Phils in the deal that saw Schilling dealt to Arizona in 2000, has twice won 14 games for the Phils (2002, 2003), but has been generally erratic. Worrell, 38, took time off this season to battle what the pitcher called "personal psycological issues."

According to an N.L. source, the Red Sox were among the many teams contacted, but their interest is limited. The Phillies may have asked for Wade Miller in return.
    http://www.projo.com/redsox/content/...o.204813e.html

If we can deal Vicente 'Two-Face' Padilla and Tim 'Crazy' Worrell, go for it. Padilla is just too much to deal with, some starts you think he can anchor this staff for years to come. Other times you think we would be better off to cut him ASAP. As for Worrell, really I don't even care. Overall, despite a nice amount of strikeouts, at times he has looked really hittable.

But the mention of Wade Miller strikes my interest, he would look pretty good as a Philly.

Interesting talk. Padilla may just do well in a scenery change. He wasn't too bad a couple of yrs ago. Worrel could help out the Sux's bullpen.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I believe Worrell was already traded...I forget where, Giants?