Thread: Joe Morgan says..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB Joe Morgan says..

That the phillies need Roy Halladay the least of the contenders. I can only imagine Steve Phillips, who has something to say about everything, completed chewed his tongue off while Morgan was babbling on- because he said nothing really to argue that the phillies DO need pitching.

So with that, Joe Morgan has complete faith in Hamels-Happ-Moyer-Blanton-....Pedro Martinez? He does realize that rotation consists of a guy who's old enough to be my dad, a guy who invests more time in the McDonald's value menu than a fastball, a rookie, AND SOMEONE who hasn't pitched in about two seasons worth, except for a couple of innings in the World Baseball Classic and some simulated games. Oh boy, simulated games! It's where Cy Young's are made!

Doesn't even begin to point out that the bullpen is not as great as it was last season, therefore it cannot bear the weight of a craptastic rotation. I get it, they're on a winning streak and Happ hasn't lost this year. How long do either figure to last? That great offense only masks so much before someone, let's say the dodgers, expose the glaring weakness.

So Joe Morgan, the phillies don't need the pitching as much as others? Shouldn't every contender need a Roy Halladay?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Joe Morgan says..

Sure, Halladay has Cy Youngs and better numbers. But I don't like statistics. Or awards.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Morgan says..

Everyone needs a Doc Halladay.