Thread: Raul Ibanez....Beast

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Phillies Raul Ibanez....Beast

Raul Ibanez homered in a loss to the Reds on Wednesday night.
    The reigning NL Player of the Week continues to roll with his seventh home run this month and 14 of the season. In the National League, he trails just Adrian Gonzalez in homers. Ibanez has hit safely in 14 out of 18 games this month.
    To all the Ibanez doubters of the world, he is definitely earning that paycheck so far. His power isn't just coming in the friendly confines of Citizen's Bank Park either. Ibanez has 8 HRs at home and 6 away. He is batting .347/.411/.707 and driven in 37 RBI. He has been by far the team MVP for the champs. Great signing for the Phillies so far. It amazing to think where they would be without him.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Raul Ibanez....Beast

I didn't list Ibanez as one of my bad transactions. I thought his offense would have more than made up for his below average defense. To his credit, he hasn't been all that bad playing left field this year, either.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You're right about his defense. Playing in that smaller park has helped a little though but overall he has more than earned his paychecks.

MLB ERA

Thank god he's finally earning his paycheck from the DL. Guy is killing everybody, and as much as it makes me a bad person, I was a little happy when he went to the DL.