Thread: More Utley News

MLB ERA

Phillies More Utley News

Not only has he regained the ML lead in HR's, not only is he on a tear to start this season, not only is he showing that he is probably the best offensive 2B in all of baseball... looks as if he is getting the popularity now as well... good to see that an apparent good guy is getting some nation wide love from the fans.... Utley is currently the leading vote getter in all of the NL at any position for the All Star Ballot
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Re: More Utley News

You're forgetting the fact that his average has dropped from .370 to .310 over his last 20 or so games. Yes, he's still having a great year, but he's no longer on that same tear...

MLB ERA

I really don't expect anyone to continue a season on a .370 clip... and during any set of games to snapshot from, there will be ups and down in average.... but batting .310 still by the end of May, with a league leading HR number, IMHO is still on a tear
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

I disagree. His tear was the first month. He's still doing well, but I wouldn't call it a tear when his avg drops that much. It's still good overall, but the last few weeks have been tough.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Yeah I would have to agree on the fact thats hes not on as big of tear as he was before. However he's still pounding out Hrs and RBIs like a mad man. I think its really helped the team that Rollins is back in the lineup. The Phils offense is really clickin.

Either way, I feel as though Utley will probably win MVP this year unless some other player REALLY steps up. I wouldnt be surprised if he ended with 45 HRs, but itd be tough to keep up this pace.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Other players stepping up like Chipper Jones, Lance Berkman and Albert Pujols?

Rookie ERA

I wouldnt mind Chipper winning it but it'll near impossible to keep up his average where it is.

I also think Utley has the position advantage. He's a 2B which isnt commonly know for this kind of production. Kinda like how Rollins won it last year in a way. But I deff think that Utley deserves the MVP if he keeps up a pace anywhere close to this.
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Those three are just as valuable as Utley.

Rookie ERA

Oh I'm not saying they aren't, but I think because of his position that he has an advantage.

Besides the votes tend to forget the valuable part when it comes to voting, and just look at stats.

They should all end up with some pretty good numbers. Itll be an interesting vote at the end of the year if they keep their paces.
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

There you go 50 gold stars for you and me! Yeah there are some interesting choices out there. Hanley Ramirez and Derek Lee are alos candidates.

Rookie ERA

Yeah Hanleys a pretty exciting player to watch. He'll put up some great numbers because he can do just about anything. Its a shame he's in Florida and doesnt get the full attention he deserves.

I dont think Lee will stay around in the race though. He puts up solid numbers but not spectacular enough to be considered MVP. He did have that one great season, but the rest have been pretty average for a first basemen.

We could also say Nate Mclouth is a candidate if anyone actually believes that this first 2 months isnt a fluke lol
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra