Thread: Interesting article on the Howard/Gillick situation

MLB ERA

Article Interesting article on the Howard/Gillick situation

I had not really thought about it before... but this article brings a lot of information to light... Gillick not wanting to tarnish his reputation by the risky more of either res-sining Howard or just letting him go....

Howard, while still one of the most powerful hitters in the game, seems to have suddenly become a terrible contact hitter.... the article correctly is comparing him to the legend Dave Kingman.... and another I would say would be the lesser known Rob Deer

If I were Gillick, I would not want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, either

Dish: Phillies wise not to meet Howard's demands - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Re: Interesting article on the Howard/Gillick situation

I dont know, he starts low both of the last two years and this is how he's considered?

Yeah he's been K'd way too much the past year, but his average will get better. People still want Adam Dunn any yet he's been having this problem for a long time.

But I think the really high K rate this year is due to the terrible first month he'd had. I think the Ks will drop over the season.

I think they at some point are going to have to resign him though because the farm doesnt have a guy like him ready for the MLB to take over first now, or in a few years probably
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra