Thread: So far, mixed results

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So far, mixed results

The achilles heel to the powerful offensive machine of the phillies is and will always be the pitching. While Hamels isn't necessarily the question mark, it's what comes after him. While it's difficult to bank on 76 year ol Jamie Moyer, he's rarely awful. Last season was his highest ERA since 2004 and seemingly goes 4-5 seasons before he has one of those "uhhh, what was I doing again" years. Brett Myers returning to the rotation should have been encouraging and with Kyle Kendrick being successful last half of last season, things should be on the up and up?

Adam Eaton thus far as outshone KK and Myers. Myers, two starts in and yes it's just a couple of weeks for players, but he's walked five and only struck out six in two mediocre outings. Kendrick has also struggled with control, walking 8 in over 7 innings of work. As a team, Philadelphia has only 40 strikeouts vs. 39 walks. In that park of theirs, walks will no doubt kill them. And no one has to tell anyone the wonders of Flash Gordon and Ryan Madso.

On the brightside, Lidge is back and so far so good. Combined with Romero and Durbin's early success, the late innings of a game might have more confidence, at least, at this point.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: So far, mixed results

I actually had big hopes for Myers' return to the rotation... always thought he was a pitcher with impressive stuff.... I am hoping this is just attributed to a slow start... but it looks like something is missing for him....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.