Thread: Kris Benson Signed

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Kris Benson Signed

Phillies agreed to terms with RHP Kris Benson on a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

The two sides have reportedly been working on a deal for at least a week, but Benson may not be ready for Opening Day after missing all of last season following surgery to repair a torn labrum. Director of professional scouting Chuck LaMarr said that Benson is at "60-70 percent" after watching him throw twice, suggesting that he's likely to begin the season at Triple-A.
    Good to see Benson realized he was vastly overpaid on his last contract and went with the minor league deal. Phillies need a lot more pitching help than Benson.

MLB ERA

Re: Kris Benson Signed

Get ready Phillies fans, from my experience rooting for the NY Metropolitans...I give it 2 days before you realize how gorgeous his wife is....and then 4 more days before you realize what a huge distraction she is for the entire team. Kris is coming off surgery...I'm just wondering whether they signed him to pitch, or to bring his wife to the stadium.

MLB ERA

The Bensons in Philly? He could help, she could be a distraction, as was said.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Bensons split up.

MLB ERA

That's right. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to them lately. Maybe its because he has become a journeyman pitcher?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

That and he didn't pitch all of last year and never was that good to begin with.

MLB ERA

Well, what can I say. He was a very promising young talent that never realized his potential. Now he has a change to make a "comeback". I wish him luck.