Thread: Chase Utley suffered Broken Hand

MLB ERA

Chase Utley suffered Broken Hand

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Chase Utley suffered a broken hand when he was hit by a John Lannan pitch on Thursday and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
    A huge blow to the Phillies' playoff chances. Utley was able to stay in after getting plunked in the fifth inning today, but X-rays after the game discovered the break. The Phillies will likely make Abraham Nunez their primary second baseman while Utley is out. Greg Dobbs could also see time there against right-handers. Wes Helms figures to benefit with Nunez out of the picture at third. Aaron Rowand could replace Utley in the No. 3 spot in the order, with Pat Burrell moving up to fifth behind Ryan Howard.
    Bad news for the Phillies.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

In Black Amish We Trust
    Rookie ERA

Re: Chase Utley suffered Broken Hand

The setbacks just keep on coming. Just when the offense started to click (Howard is hitting, Burrell is hitting, Howard gets protection with Rowand), the loss of our MVP probably ends our season.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Chase Utley suffered Broken Hand

tough break, us Brewers fans know the feeling with Sheets on the shelf.

it sucks, trust me.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Chase Utley suffered Broken Hand

Tough break there. The Phillies are in critical position to get to the playoffs. It just became more difficult to get to the end and able to make the post season with Utley out. He's one of the spines for the Phillies.