Thread: Myers Signs Deal

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Myers Signs Deal

Phillies agreed to terms with RHP Brett Myers on a three-year, $25.75 million contract.
    Myers gives up just one year of free agency here. We'd like it better for the Phillies had they gotten an option year, even at $14 million or so, but this isn't bad. Myers had the same amount of service time as Jeremy Bonderman, who agreed to a four-year, $38 million contract with the Tigers last month. Bonderman probably has a little more upside, but Myers is also capable of establishing himself as a top-20 pitcher and is the better bet of the two to remain healthy.
    Great job for the Phillies and Myers. Having Myers and Hammels for a few years while having Garcia and Lieber gone after his one helps a bunch. So does that offense.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    My sleeper team this year. I can really see them becoming a force in the NL if they get a couple of breaks.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I have the Phillies winning the East right now.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    As do I. The Mets rotation scares the hell out of me and I just don't get the feeling that the Mets have any sense of urgency for some reason. Right now they're looking at a starting 5 of Glavine, Maine, Perez, Dave Williams/El Duque/Pelfrey/Humber/Sele until Pedro comes back.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I feel the same way about the Mets. Braves have done well in building a bullpen but lost the entire right side of their infield and have nothing special in left plus Hudson sucked a fat one last year. Nats haven't done shit and the Marlins have pitchers with sore arms still to this day and lost their manager.