Thread: Wes Helms..Come On Down!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wes Helms..Come On Down!

The Phillies and Wes Helms have reportedly agreed to a two-year deal worth $5.5 million-$6 million.
    A club option for 2009 is included. Helms is a career .263/.316/.431 hitter against right-handers, so at least he has a substantial edge over the Phillies' apparent top choice, Mark DeRosa, there. However, he's not a very good defender. It's a lousy alternative, but if Helms slumps at the beginning of next season, the Phillies could drop him into a platoon role and go with Abraham Nunez at third base against righties. Nunez is just a .247/.313/.329 hitter against righties (and yes, it's easily his better side), but he does have quite an advantage with the glove.
    I say they platoon the two right off the bat. Nunez has the glove and Helms a slightly better hitter.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I guess the Phillies weren't that interested in old Rich Aurilia.

MLB ERA
    They're not intelligent enough to platoon them, but man, that's one ugly ass platoon anyway.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I didn't know they were interested in Rich. He would have been a better option espcially in that park.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Helms is over rated. He is not worth that kind of money! But then again, it is the Phillies looking at him, sp go right ahead and spend your $$ on Helms and if you want the Brewers will trade Mench to you for someone to! More inconsistent players the better, gives the Brewers a better shot at winning next year.

Wait, Wes Helms?

Philadelphia proves to us once again that they have no idea what they are doing.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i second that motion, General!

My Brewers tried that and he wasnt even productive enough to be on the Brewers, no that is saying something

He couldn't make it at 1B for the Braves in 2002, when we had Julio Franco there. Pathetic.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    amen. but at least it was Atlanta, they will bounce, but come on, couldnt succeed in Milwaukee, please! that is sad

If you are beaten out by Julio Franco and Matt Franco (I think Surhoff was there that year too), you really should die.