Thread: Congrats on the ALDS

MLB ERA

Twins Congrats on the ALDS

It pains me to say so as I really hoped for much better play (offensively and defensively) from the Twins, but the A's outplayed the Twins at nearly every aspect in the series. Santana had a damn good game one, but it wasn't enough as Zito pitched a hell of a game 1 himself and limited the Twins bats more than Santana did with the A's. I think that was a huge morale downer for the Twins and their offense never really clicked well. Their heads were not in the right place while the A's did just about everything right.

As I said in another thread somewhere, I wasn't going to watch game three since I needed to mow the lawn. That's exactly what I did. I mowed the yard, trimmed the bushes and trees, flung dogshit at my neighbor's dog and then came in well after the game was over.

Good luck to you guys in the next round. You played like winners in round 1 and deserve the series.

MLB ERA
    I concur. The A's/Tigers matchup will be very entertaining. I hope the loss of Ellis doesn't cost the A's a chance of winning it, though.
    As Lynch said, the A's outplayed the Twins in every phase of the game. They hit better, fielded better, pitched better. Situational hitting was a lot better and baserunning was as well. Macha just outmanaged Gardy. It is as simple as that.
    Congratulations and good luck against the Tigers.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Right on Lynch. I have no problem with the Twins or their fans as we are both small market teams that somehow stay successful. What I do have a problem with is the assclowns at ESPN but we'll save that for another day.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The A's/Tigers series will represent the best pitching in the postseason. I picked the A's to win it all becuase of that fact.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    hopefully, this is just the first step...I truly believe whoever wins the ALCS will win the WS. The Tigers and A's pitching staffs are better and deeper than the Cards and Mets.

MLB ERA
    The A's could be back to their "glory days" of the Bash Brothers, minus the steroids, of course. They seem to have all of the pieces in place to continue their run toward the WS crown. The only obstical is the Tigers (and then the nuisance of having to beat the NL team -- only kidding NL fans).
    Seriously, I expect the winner of the ALCS to win the WS as well. Deeper pitching from both teams and quality hitting.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon