Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random A's Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Be sure to vote for the All-Star game everybody. Chavez easily deserves it more than Payrod right now and I have to write Swisher although once done, you just click vote again and your picks remain.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I hate the ASG and I hate voting...that being said if Chavvy doesn't make it this year it's because of the whole east coast / west coast deal...bastards.

MLB ERA
    Bradley to the DL

retroactive to 4/27, which is 11 days ago...so he can come off the DL in 4 days? Doesn't say if anyone was called up...

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A's

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    I hate the ASG and I hate voting...that being said if Chavvy doesn't make it this year it's because of the whole east coast / west coast deal...bastards.
    At last we agree on something.....when I saw the AS voting on the MLB team sites, I just rolled my eyes.....it's April you f***s......give it a break.

What is with all the "rumor" type talk about Zito? I mean, first of all I hate rumors, and rumors from baseball fans are especially annoying. But why? I mean.....is he that hot of a commodity and are the A's putting him on the market?

One last thing......did you see the new Simpsons episode tonight? The 1974 Oakland A's were on and Homer made references to them.........
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat

One last thing......did you see the new Simpsons episode tonight? The 1974 Oakland A's were on and Homer made references to them.........
    I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Be sure to vote for the All-Star game everybody. Chavez easily deserves it more than Payrod right now and I have to write Swisher although once done, you just click vote again and your picks remain.
    You are a closet Payrod fan ADH. We will see after 81 games if Chavy has better stats then Payrod. Judging an all-star after 29 games is ludicris. Unless, of course, its Albert Puljols.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    You are a closet Payrod fan ADH. We will see after 81 games if Chavy has better stats then Payrod. Judging an all-star after 29 games is ludicris. Unless, of course, its Albert Puljols.
    Maybe, maybe not. You know as well as I do that it's a friggin popularity contest anyways. I always vote based on who has the best numbers at their postion so I did vote for Jeter and Giambino.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    I caught the end of the scene when the car came by and one of the players said Sal Bando give 'em a 1974 A's honk or something...what did Homer write on the curb about them? I missed that part.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    .what did Homer write on the curb about them?
    Oakland A's Best Team Ever.

It was hilarious and it tripped me out.

MLB ERA
    ha...of course Oakland is the key word as we all know 1929 A's were the best:

A's Greatest Team Sim Tournament (summer 2005)

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Maybe, maybe not. You know as well as I do that it's a friggin popularity contest anyways. I always vote based on who has the best numbers at their postion so I did vote for Jeter and Giambino.
    Chavy should at least be a reserve at this point. He's been awesome.

MLB ERA
    Kendall dropped his suspension. Jeremy Brown (of moneball fame of course) was called up.

Chavez was a late scratch...A's site just says he got sick 20 minutes before the 1st pitch.

MLB ERA
    LHP Randy Keisler was called up, Matt Roney sent down, and Chris Mabeus was DFA.

MLB ERA
    Duke is on the DL, Gaudin was called up again, and Bradley is supposedly coming off the DL tomorrow, which means someone will have to be sent down.

MLB ERA
    The A's don't sound optimistic about Duke coming off the DL any time soon...he's not even supposed to pick up a ball for a week.

Bradley had a "setback" and will be out a little longer.

Kennedy won't be going on the DL they say, but will miss his 5th straight game today with a strained biceps muscle.

The A's traded for Steve Karsay and sent him to AAA.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast