Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random A's Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    you might find this funny ADH...I posted it (and another photo along with a paragraph or two) on Athletics Nation, but it didn't get much response.

It's a Ken Macha Fozzy Bear hybrid...the catchphrase goes from "Wakka Wakka Wakka" to "Macha Macha Macha." It's also fitting seeing as how Macha is Beane's puppet.

oh yea, excuse the crappiness of the photo...it's MS Paint, not Photo Shop
    Nice. While it's funny and dead on it's kinda sad in way as well. Go get 'em Ken..........

This team is pizzing me off right now.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ADH, here's an article on your new favorite player Jason Kendall...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2413121

The A's won 88 games in 2005, which was supposed to be a transition year after the trades of Tim Hudson and Mark Mulder and the loss of Jermaine Dye, but the A's rallied behind a young pitching staff that produced the AL's fourth-lowest ERA and limited batters to a .241 average, lowest in the majors.

Kendall's presence behind the plate was a big help.

"I think he should get a lot of credit for our young pitching staff's development last year," A's manager Ken Macha said. "That's been the major impact he's had. He does an excellent job in preparation."

Closer Huston Street was the AL's top rookie, and fellow rookie Joe Blanton won 12 games and produced a 2.53 ERA after May. Dan Haren, acquired from St. Louis in the Mulder trade, won 14 games in his first full season. Rich Harden, an ace in the making, battled injuries but posted the AL's second-lowest ERA (2.53) among pitchers with at least 100 innings. Kirk Saarloos was a valuable No. 5 starter.
    I agree with some of his points and it doesn't really matter what we think if the A's are happy...but question to you is, who would you rather have?

Mark Redman and Arthur Rhodes
    or
    Jason Kendall

Because that was the deal and those 2 guys were garbage...we were lucky to get anything for those 2 losers. Plus who did we have for a catcher before Kendall? Miller? And who before him? I can't even remember...bring back Steinbach!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    ADH, here's an article on your new favorite player Jason Kendall...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2413121

I agree with some of his points and it doesn't really matter what we think if the A's are happy...but question to you is, who would you rather have?

Mark Redman and Arthur Rhodes
    or
    Jason Kendall

Because that was the deal and those 2 guys were garbage...we were lucky to get anything for those 2 losers. Plus who did we have for a catcher before Kendall? Miller? And who before him? I can't even remember...bring back Steinbach!!!

Crap. Well when you put it like that I pretty much look like a jackass don't I?

MLB ERA
    that certainly was not my intent good sir

the only deal where we have not gotten anything positive out of it yet is the Hudson deal, which now is essentially Hudson for Charles Thomas (career AAA OF IMHO), Brad Halsey (still young and still improving), and Dan Meyer who will be the key to the deal ever being a good one for the A's...so far it's not looking too good.

MLB ERA
    Kendall still isn't worth the money he's making; not even close especially on such a cash strapped team. JMHO.

MLB ERA
    oh, there's no doubt he's not worth the money...but I'd rather pay him that money than pay it to Redman and Rhodes to clubhouse cancers and on the field boobs.

MLB ERA
    Here is an article about Street being out for a few days like you said ADH.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2415892

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Huston Street has a slight muscle strain on the right side of his chest that will keep the Oakland closer out of action at least through Friday.

The reigning AL rookie of the year felt tightness beneath the armpit area of his throwing arm on the third-to-last pitch he threw during his save for the Athletics on Tuesday night against the Detroit Tigers, the fourth outing in five days for the right-hander.

The A's are taking no chances that this could become serious, though Street said he is virtually pain-free now. If it were later in the season he would probably pitch through it.

Street has no history of injury in the area but said he has felt minimal tightness there before from time to time. The pectoralis minor is the smaller of two main muscles in the chest and injuries in that area aren't common for pitchers.

"It's my pec minor and it's minor," said the 22-year-old Street, noting he threw an 89 mph slider and a 96 mph fastball after first feeling the tweak. "Right now it's April and we've got 140 games to play. There's no use blowing it out now. ... I want to be out there for my teammates. That's my job."
    not really that serious I think...

MLB ERA
    Kielty sent down, Gaudin called up due to Street.

MLB ERA
    Prov, I was checking the AN board and it sucks IMO; very difficult to read and follow much like the one on the A's website. That's why I post here.

JMHO.

MLB ERA
    Check this out:

Chavvy / Swish - .320 with 17 homers and 37 RBIs
    Other 7 guys - .188 with 10 homers and 42 RBIs

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Prov, I was checking the AN board and it sucks IMO; very difficult to read and follow much like the one on the A's website. That's why I post here.

JMHO.
    oh, I'm not saying I love it...I only post over there once in a while...mostly because there's a ton more fans there than here. I agree that the layout is not that great. I like how we have everything in its place here. It's really hard to find stuff there and it all kind of gets jumbled together. I just wish we had more A's fans here and it's not like I know any...and I'm not going to spam over there. I put a link to the boards in my profile, but obviously no one has come over here.

MLB ERA
    I've told many A's fans about this board and so far I'm batting .000 (worse than Dan Johnson). I'll keep trying.

MLB ERA
    They're jumping ship over there on the A's website. Seems everybody is very frustrated.

MLB ERA
    Damn man, watching Baseball Tonight you would think that Kevin Mench hit 3 grand slams in that game and that the Rangers beat the A's 700-2 they were sucking his nuts so hard.

Somebody needs to stick a fastball in fatass' ribcage with some real intent.

MLB ERA
    oh, but he did...and they did...records were broken all over the place. Most ABs, most runs, most grand slams, most RBIs, most hits, and so on...

I don't like ESPN very much anymore

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast