Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random A's Ramblings

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    http://www.examiner.com/a-184312~Is_..._Bradley_.html

wow, I'm kind of surprised at this article by Urban...he's really calling Bradley out and throwing him under the bus. I didn't really think he faked the injury at all. And this is the only article I read that is implying that. I'm no professional athlete obviously, but playing sports my whole life I've injured myself and it turned out not to be as bad as I thought or I played through it anyway. Clearly, Bradley twisted his ankle and didn't fake because the ball was still in the OF at the time...it's not like he got caught off the base with the ball in the infield and faked it...

I can understand the fans busting him about that situation and he shouldn't reply, but I don't agree with his assessment of the Boston situation. He was clearly enraged at Schilling's act of cowardice and Red Sox fans can be some of the most ignorant and annoying people from my experiences (not on the board) so I have to give him a pass on that situation. Also, Urban fails to mention or realize that Ethier was expendable with Travis Buck in the system who projects to be better anyway, but is the same kind of player.
    now in his mailbag Urban takes another shot at Milton:

Is Milton Bradley insane?
    -- Colton G., Lake Tahoe, Calif.

No. He actually seems to be a pretty bright guy when he's in the mood to talk. But those times are few and far between, so I don't know him any better than I know most guys on National League Central rosters.

I will say this, though: The man needs to learn how to tune out fans. Virtually every big-league ballplayer gets heckled, and virtually all of them ignore -- or have some fun with -- the hecklers. Bradley is not ignoring them. He's feeding them.
    Well, gee, why would he want to get to know you when all you've done is slag him in the press? I wonder if this has anything to do with him not writing the articles on the A's site anymore. He's only done the mailbag thing in recent weeks and they've had various other guys write the summaries and articles...I think he needs to cool it a little...the article he wrote was one thing, but to answer this guy's somewhat joking question (I can only assume) seems a bit unnecessary to me.

MLB ERA
    Urban is a dik and I've never liked him.

Screw him- Bradley is the key to our second half.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Urban is a dik and I've never liked him.

Screw him- Bradley is the key to our second half.
    Just saying, but if Bradley is the key to the second half, things won't be looking up for you guys. Let the AL West war commence.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Thanks for your input. You've come in here and smacked and left a couple times now.

Be careful.

MLB ERA
    ADH, check AN...Urban is on their defending his article

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Thanks for your input. You've come in here and smacked and left a couple times now.

Be careful.
    Is the boogie man coming? I'm only joking around with your team. No biggie.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Since returning from the DL in July Bradley is hitting .459 with 2 homers, 9 RBIs, and has an OPS of 1.163 in 37 ABs so far. Surely, he won't keep that up, but you can't discount that type of player's production ability.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Since returning from the DL in July Bradley is hitting .459 with 2 homers, 9 RBIs, and has an OPS of 1.163 in 37 ABs so far. Surely, he won't keep that up, but you can't discount that type of player's production ability.
    He's also a liability in the clubhouse. I can't imagine that the A's would let him step out of line, but if, well when, he does he will certainly hault his offensive production. That's just what history says. No saying he won't clean up the act and be a positive influence on the team, but I don't think banking the second half on him would be wise.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    ok Billy Beane

MLB ERA
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

The Mets have not given up in their pursuit of Barry Zito, and with top scout Russ Bove expected to be in Oakland this weekend to watch the former Cy Young Award winner face the Blue Jays, it's possible that a deal could be struck by Monday's non-waiver trade deadline.

To this point, the price for the 28-year-old lefthander has been too steep, with Athletics general manager Billy Beane demanding Lastings Milledge, Aaron Heilman and perhaps even a third prospect - possibly Brian Bannister or John Maine - in return.

Zito, who is 10-7 with a 3.52 ERA, will start Saturday against Toronto. With the Marlins' Dontrelle Willis apparently off the market, Zito is the Mets' clear-cut favorite, and GM Omar Minaya isn't ready to settle for Plan B just yet.
    I say pull the trigger...3 specs are probably better than 2 draft picks

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    White Sox are apparently eager to pull off something and have renewed interest in Zito.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    of course, this guy may have a better idea...

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4101377

So what's next? If they're smart, more of the same — and that would mean cashing in Dontrelle Willis while he's hot (and inexpensive).

It would take a knock-their-socks-off kind of offer to pry the young left-hander from Florida, but the A's have the resources — and the need. There are few bigger ticket-sellers than the energetic Willis, and that would be doubly true in his native Alameda County.

If I'm the A's, I'm offering any two minor-leaguers (yes, including Jason Windsor) and the second prospect Oakland would receive (along with Lastings Milledge) when Barry Zito — who immediately becomes expendable upon the acquisition of Willis — is shipped to the Mets.
    I'm not sure about that combo of 4 specs...especially since Beane loves Milledge (assuming this all happened)...and I wouldn't say ANY two A's minor leaguers...I'd say any except Barton, Herrera, and Suzuki...so I'd do whatever 2nd spec from the Mets and any 3 A's specs except the 3 I named...hell, give them Dan Johnson...he's cheap. That would be a stroke of Beane genius

edit: actually, the more I read that quote, the less I'm sure what he means by "(along with Lastings Milledge)....does he mean the spec that comes with him or does he mean package him with the spec that comes with him? I think he might mean the former making it a 3 spec package...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    White Sox are apparently eager to pull off something and have renewed interest in Zito.
    I don't think they have any specs that Beane truly wants...and the ones it would take Chicago probably wouldn't do since I seriously doubt he would sign with them...he's going to the Mets or nowhere.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How about that Fields guy the sox have? I don't know much about him, other than his position. McCarthy is prolly out of reach, but GMs always say that about players that end up moving anyways.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    I don't know much about that guy, but he isn't even on their 40 man roster and is in AAA...so they might not think too much of him? or maybe he doesn't have enough years in the minors yet to have to be put on the 40 man roster? I don't know...he is 24 and Herrera is younger than him and on our 40 man roster...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast