Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4/13/05: Bush vs. Blanton

MLB ERA
    Maybe if we all call it a night they'll scratch out a win.

MLB ERA

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Well, I'm pulling for the Pads in the West and I hope you guys beat the crap out of the Giants.
    I hope you won't mind me asking this question, but this is something I really need to ask. Why do A's fans hate the Giants? I understand they are in the Bay Area and I understand the Giants have prevented the A's from building a stadium at Santa Clara, but with that said, the A's and Giants are in different leagues and there is no hostility between both clubs. Giants fans that I know root for the A's like Merkin. Plus the Giants are the good guys as Dusty Baker once said. It's the same thing I wonder about Mets and Yankees fans. Mets fans hate the Yankees, but I don't see any corleation. They are both from NY and they play in different leagues.

MLB ERA
    Just wondering how it feels for A's fans to be looking up in the stadings at the Mariners once again
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I hope you won't mind me asking this question, but this is something I really need to ask. Why do A's fans hate the Giants? I understand they are in the Bay Area and I understand the Giants have prevented the A's from building a stadium at Santa Clara, but with that said, the A's and Giants are in different leagues and there is no hostility between both clubs. Giants fans that I know root for the A's like Merkin. Plus the Giants are the good guys as Dusty Baker once said. It's the same thing I wonder about Mets and Yankees fans. Mets fans hate the Yankees, but I don't see any corleation. They are both from NY and they play in different leagues.
    The Giants fans on this board might be cool but they are serious cornholes over at SBC. That and ALL of the local sports guys on the news broadcasts straight up dog the A's; we get no love in the Bay Area yet we are the ones that have brought home all the baseball hardware. Go to a Giants A's game some day and you'll see what we mean.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Just wondering how it feels for A's fans to be looking up in the stadings at the Mariners once again
    Dude it's early. I wonder how that pitching's gonna hold up throughout the course of the season. Do you guys even have anyone you can truly call the ace of the staff?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    The Giants fans on this board might be cool but they are serious cornholes over at SBC. That and ALL of the local sports guys on the news broadcasts straight up dog the A's; we get no love in the Bay Area yet we are the ones that have brought home all the baseball hardware. Go to a Giants A's game some day and you'll see what we mean.
    My sentiments exactly

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Do you guys even have anyone you can truly call the ace of the staff?
    Jamie Moyer. With his age, he is still darn good

Speaking of ace, I am curious to see this kid in Seattle with the name of Felix Hernandez. Mariners fans have been pimping this kid up and some has compared him to Johan. I like to see him get called up this year.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Dude it's early. I wonder how that pitching's gonna hold up throughout the course of the season. Do you guys even have anyone you can truly call the ace of the staff?
    Bet you couldn't name the team that has the best ERA in the AL. That would be the Mariners. And King Felix and Jorge Campillo should be up here by midseason. This is going to be a great rotation.
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Bet you couldn't name the team that has the best ERA in the AL.
    the season isn't even 10 games old yet

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Bet you couldn't name the team that has the best ERA in the AL. That would be the Mariners. .
    Bet you can't name who has the second best ERA in the AL. That would be the A's. Bet you didnt see that coming with Mulder and Hudson gone.

MLB ERA
    No I didn't. But I did see a last place finish coming!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345