Thread: Bill King has passed away

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Bill King has passed away

Oh my gosh....what a loss. I've really enjoyed listening to him on A's radio. He will be missed. RIP

OAKLAND -- Longtime Oakland Athletics play-by-play announcer Bill King passed away this morning at San Leandro Memorial Hospital after suffering a pulmonary embolus. King was originally admitted to the hospital last Friday where he underwent hip surgery.
    "We are deeply saddened by Bill's passing," said A's President Michael Crowley. "He was arguably the most recognizable voice in the history of Bay Area broadcasting. One would be hard-pressed to find an announcer who served as the lead play-by-play voice for three major sports franchises for as long as Bill. He was a broadcasting icon and true renaissance man in every sense of the word whose loss will be felt in many circles. Our thoughts and prayers are with Bill and his family."

As a longtime play-by-play announcer for both the San Francisco/Golden State Warriors (1962-83), the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders (1966-92), and since 1981, the Oakland A's-King spent five decades thrilling fans with his vivid descriptions of some of the most historical moments in the annals of three of the Bay Area's major sports teams. He is on a short list of announcers who balanced play-by-play duties with three major sports franchises simultaneously as King did during a three-year period in the early 1980's.
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    RIP indeed

MLB ERA

I always loved his hatred for interleague baseball. He will be missed.

MLB ERA
    Holy Toledo!

“Arlington’s a great place. For other people to be.” – Bill King.
    “The majority of the umpires do a fantastic, professional job. All the umpires except John Shulock count as a majority, right?” – Bill King.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.