Thread: Chavy nearing milestones

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Chavy nearing milestones

Eric Chavez is steadily moving up the statistical charts in Athletics history. Just don't ask him for the details.
    "I don't even know what milestones you're talking about," Chavez replied when asked about closing in on former Oakland stars in several offensive categories.

The eighth-year third baseman entered Saturday night's game at Tampa Bay needing one extra-base hit to reach 362 and join Joe Rudi in seventh place on the franchise list.

Chavez is three home runs shy of 167, which has Rickey Henderson ranked sixth in team history. By then, he should collect the four RBIs needed to vault past Carney Lansford into 10th place at 549.

"I'm so focused on what I've got to do right now -- my at-bats and the way I'm fielding the ball -- that's all I can really think about," Chavez said. "Even in the offseason, I just get ready for the next season. I honestly give no thought to it whatsoever."

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Like Chavvy, I had no clue

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I hope he gets the three homers on the next homestand. That would be a great accomplishment to reach in front of the home crowd and then he could do a curtain call. I don't think I've ever seen him take a curtain call.