Thread: 1 major reason the A's need a baseball only facility

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

1 major reason the A's need a baseball only facility

Because the Raiders destroy the grass during the playoff run

While they're away on a three-city trip, the Raiders will play two games, on Friday and on Sept. 1, and the movable football stands will sit on the outfield grass for a week. The stands will stay in place because it's costly to put them back, and doing so is just as damaging to the grass as leaving them in place.

"When there are (football) games back-to-back, it's really a no-win situation,'' head groundskeeper Clay Wood said.

So, despite the best efforts of Wood and his crew, the field will be torn up and rock-solid when the A's return on Sept. 2, plus Wood and Co. will have a quick turnaround between a 6 p.m. Raiders game and the next night's 7 p.m. Yankees game. They've done the changeover that fast before, but it's very difficult.
    I've gotta get this picture uploaded...when I went to Oakland 2 summers ago, I took a picture of the extra seats in the parking lot because there were so many different sections and no one would have believed me unless I had visual proof or they've seen it themselves.

Hopefully, the A's can get a new stadium soon...or move to Providence, RI

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Yeah I've seen them. Big ups to the grounds crew, those guys really earn their money. I hope a new ballpark comes sooner rather than later.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Yeah I've seen them.
    I figured you did, I meant for people that haven't been there