Thread: New Stadium Proposal (w/ pics!)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

New Stadium Proposal (w/ pics!)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...12.DTL&type=as

Lots of hurdles to clear, but this is the first proposal given.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Al has his fingerprints all over this one too.

Whoever came up with the roof swimming pool will cost the team in a whole lot of injury lawsuits.

AA ERA
    Amazing looking. Would be sweet to see.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Looks like Al has his fingerprints all over this one too.

Whoever came up with the roof swimming pool will cost the team in a whole lot of injury lawsuits.
    Al? Davis? Why do you say that? It's supposed to be a baseball only venue. And that pool won't be available to ticket holders...it's on top of the tower that is for condos.

MLB ERA
    Thanks for posting this providence!! I've been out of town and dying to know what it looks like. This project would revitalize the whole area if it happened. And, with the recent supreme court decision regarding eminent domain hell it just might (even tho I'm dead against the decision). I wonder if Wolfe will use this to his advantage; I hope not. I hope he does it the right way because I'm not counting on the City of Oakland or Alameda County to do anything right.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I like that the owners are gonna fork up most of the money but I don't know if the spot they wanna build the new park on would be such a great site. It's not all that nice...it's where they hold the flea market for crying out loud...

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't wanna get my hopes up too much. This is not gonna be easy.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Thanks for posting this providence!! I've been out of town and dying to know what it looks like. This project would revitalize the whole area if it happened. And, with the recent supreme court decision regarding eminent domain hell it just might (even tho I'm dead against the decision). I wonder if Wolfe will use this to his advantage; I hope not. I hope he does it the right way because I'm not counting on the City of Oakland or Alameda County to do anything right.
    No problem. As I said, it's just a preliminary proposal and is likely to change...like a first draft of a book...

I still wouldn't at all be surprised if they can't get what they want in Oaktown and become the Las Vegas A's