Thread: Zito ready to be a leader

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Zito ready to be a leader

Yeah I know this were posted on the temp board, for those that were there. But just wanted to carry these over. Same for all the other repeat threads from the temp board

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

Zito, who added a tailing two-seam fastball at the All-Star break last year, said at the start of Spring Training that he expected to have the best year of his career. Six weeks later, buoyed by improved command, a killer changeup and several dominant spring outings, he's singing the same tune.

"You know, some people are afraid to say something like that, just like some guys are afraid to say that their goal is to make it to the Hall of Fame," Zito says. "I'm not that guy. My goals are up there. I want to be the best. And if you don't aspire to be the best, how can you get there? Verbalizing those goals doesn't change anything.

"I expect excellence. And I have no doubt that I'm going to achieve it."

AA ERA
    I like to see Zito regained his glory years again.

He hasn't been the same since winning the Cy Young.

I thought he would be the first guy to be gone and it wouldn't suprise me if he is traded once he get his stuff back.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I think one reason they kept him is the, unlike Mulder and Huddy, he's never been injured