Thread: Dear Billy Beane......

MLB ERA

Dear Billy Beane......

I was wrong. Dead wrong. Even tho I think this team is playing even beyond your expectations, it's obvious you did have a clue and I the fan did not. Now a lot of my doubts were the result of reading too many of Taylor's posts but that's no excuse, even tho Harold Reynolds would beg to differ (BTW, there's ZERO room on the bandwagon Harold ). Oh and that nasty little email I sent you at the beginning of the year, I hope one of your interns hit the delete button. My apologies and tell Mr Wolfe I'll be the first in line to buy one of those condos he plans on building in center field at the new ballpark.

I will eat my crow raw if need be.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    LOL. That goes for me too

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    I have Ed Wade as the General Manger of my team, I am allowed to doubt and call the guy out, you will be hard pressed to find many people to come to his defense. But you all have a brillant GM with a keen eye for talent and a great instinct on trades and you doubt him. I would of thought despite the hate Beane gets from the tradionalist fans that at least the A's fans who know his results firsthand would have some faith in the man. I am not trying to get on you all (I imagine after the trades anyone's gut instinct would be something similar), just have some faith in the man when he has to pull moves like he did in the offseason again (assuming ownership doesn't change for the better.)

I would kill to have a GM with just a fraction of the skill Beane has. With that said, if the Phillies do make the playoffs (likely it would be due to an act of god) I will join you for some of that raw crow.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well, the jury is still out on the Hudson deal as none of the players we got are helping the major league team...but I certainly didn't think we'd be in the mix this year. I thought we'd be tough in 2006 and even better in 2007...but not this year

Dan Haren had a really nice stretch sometimes ago. I curious to know what Beane sees in players that not many other GMs see.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

I believe I called all this in the beginning...beane is the man A's fans.

Quoted by Taylor, http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...&postcount=48:

Have faith man, I've been there suffering for four years!
    Don't blame me if you decide to rip your team, my gripes have always been against Lewis, and I'll continue to gripe against him. Only gripes I've had against Beane was his trashing of Fuson and other general managers (Note the big guys carrying the team are Harden, Chavez and Crosby - Fuson picks), as well as his draft strategy. When it comes to trades and his eye towards pitchers I've said he was very good. I figured this team was a year away but after last year's Rangers I learned never go by timetables. Congrats to yourself and your team, I'm rooting for them this year but with Boston and NY only way I can see you guys making it is if you can take the AL West.

Now when it comes to Zito, hand me the crow and a fork - he developed the slider and it's made a difference. Can't say anything bad about a pitcher who does what it takes to remain competitive.

BTW - If you haven't noticed, I've moved on from this board, it's time. I'm only making this post this because I've always respected the A's fans and figured you deserved to hear from me (I've already notified Steak, he and I still keep in touch). Best of luck for the rest of the season and wishing you all a blessed life, both here and afterwards ...

Taylor

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Huh ?!?!?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Does he want piano music and a swan song for leaving a forum? That's as jackass worthy as the Bengals guy who believes he owns that since he owns a section, he is.. God.

Jesus. Christ. CheeseWiz.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.