Thread: A's September Thread

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A's A's September Thread

The A's finally beat King Felix last night.

They currently have the top WC spot and are 4.5 behind Texas for 1st place. Hopefully, they can take care of the M's today and tomorrow before returning the favor to the Angels this week.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: A's September Thread

Thanks Prov for starting this thread. Went MIA for a bit again...but aaaaaaanyways...

A's are up 1-0 against the Angels in the bottom of the second in the beginning of a very important series. Any lead we can build up over them in the WC is much needed.

In related news, McCarthy could potentially be released from the hospital soon. He was able to take some steps up and down stairs today and is interacting well with the doctors/family/teammates. Definitely continue to pray for him, because I know firsthand brain injuries are the worst. Ever.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hell to the yeah! 6-5 win over the Angels. Blevins almost lost it though. And nearly gave me a goddam heart attack too. But the important thing is that we won and now have a 2 game lead over the Angels in the WC. We are, however, now in a three-way tie for the lead. Faaaaaaaaaantastic.

Also, McCarthy was released from the hospital today. He'll obviously be missing the rest of the season, but it's just remarkable how much progress he's made given the circumstances. Truly inspirational.

MLB ERA

Blevins? You mean Balfour? Blevins got all three outs facing only two batters.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hahaha yes, that's what I meant. Good to know at least one of us has our heads on right Prov.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So tonight we got our asses handed to us in a 6-0 defeat by the Angels. All six runs came in the seventh inning, five tagged to Anderson, while Weaver kept us limited to just four hits with one walk and nine Ks. But we did take three out of four in the series and all three from Seattle. Gotta keep our game face on and our spirits high as we have some important series coming up (Baltimore, Detroit, Texas, New York).

MLB ERA

3 of the runs Anderson gave up were inherited runners that Jesse Chavez allowed. I think they conceded that game as their offense hadn't done much against Weaver. Save the pen for the O's. We took 3 of 4 and that's more than I hoped for (a split). They're still in a good spot and Texas lost so they're still only 3 back.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Won today's game 5-2 against Baltimore, pulling within two (yes, that's right, it's not a typo-TWO!) games of Texas. We've also extended our lead over the Orioles to three. Parker got the win for us, pitching seven solid innings, while Britton was tagged with the loss. Drew hit a solo HR in the third, sparking our five run rally that gave us the lead.

Alrighty boys, let's go for the sweep tomorrow!

MLB ERA

So far they've got tie-breakers over Baltimore, Tampa Bay, and the Angels. They've still got games against Detroit (2 wins and 2 losses so far) and the Yankees (4 wins and 3 losses so far). If they win those series, they'll have the tie-breakers over those teams as well.

MLB ERA

Great. Anderson just left with some sort of injury. You've got to be kidding me. No McCarthy. No Anderson. I don't see the A's going anywhere even if they hold on to one of the wild cards.

MLB ERA

Heart breaking loss. They could have won the first two games, but no. Now the Angels are only 2.5 games back (3 in the loss column). Stumbling and bumbling to the finish line. We need a win tomorrow.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Stumbling and bumbling to the finish line.
    Welcome to my world PA!