Thread: Byrnes/Quintinilla traded to Col

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Byrnes/Quintanilla traded to Col

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

we get Joe Kennedy SP and Jay Witasick RP for Byrnes and SS Quintanilla

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    It's been a long time coming. At least Byrnes gets to go to the hitters paradise that is Coors Field

I have to say I never warmed up to Byrnes. For every great play, there usually was a bonehead one that followeed soon after. I wish him luck tho. I don't know about Kennedy, he's never really impressed me. I like Witasick tho, he's a quality reliever.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Joe Kennedy is capable of being a good SP for you guys. But at best hes a #4 guy in your talented young rotation. He was decent in Coors, should be intresting what he does in Oakland.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Kennedy will be in the bullpen with Witasick being a setup guy. Kennedy will stay in the bullpen until he gets stuff worked out...but where does he go in the rotation? Zito, Harden, Haren, Blanton, and Saarloos...Saarloos has been performing as well as you can expect a #5 to. And we're not trading the other guys, so I don't know where he fits in the rotation...trade Saarloos? Send him down? Who knows at this point.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    I have to say I never warmed up to Byrnes. For every great play, there usually was a bonehead one that followeed soon after. I wish him luck tho. I don't know about Kennedy, he's never really impressed me. I like Witasick tho, he's a quality reliever.
    Well said. I'll never forgive Byrnes for not going back and touching home in the playoffs against Boston. Good riddance even though ESPN is all over his jock.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how much I like this deal in terms of immediate benefits for the A's but in the longterm, I think it will be a good one. Kennedy is still on the younger side and as he has shown in a few seasons of his career, he can be a decent MLB starter (with last year looking great considering the Coors factor.) But inconsistency has plagued him. He's been very hittable this year and the erratic control is taking it's toll. If the A's can turn him around and get him pitching like he did last season, the move would look pretty sweet.