Thread: Rumor or BS?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Thumbs Down Rumor or BS?

I believe this is just speculation on Rosenthal's part, but this is still the first I'm hearing of Suzuki potentially being available.

Nats looking out for Strasburg or themselves? - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

So, why won’t Suzuki be in Boston by July 31?

Because A’s general manager Billy Beane would want an even better package for Suzuki, who is under club control for three-plus seasons, than the Red Sox traded for Victor Martinez, who was under control for one-plus.

The Sox parted with pitchers Justin Masterson, Nick Hagadone and Bryan Price for Martinez, and they actually had leverage over the Indians, who needed to clear payroll.

They would possess no such leverage over the A’s.

Suzuki is a better all-around player and more valuable asset than Martinez was last July. The A’s are capable of carrying him through his early years of arbitration. At least for the moment, they lead the AL West.

The Red Sox will need to target other catchers.
    I don't think anyone would give Beane what he would want and I don't see Suzuki going anywhere soon. Go find a catcher somewhere else please.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rumor or BS?

Suzuki might be gone in a couple of seasons, but not now. He plays in a valuable position and the A's can afford him, for now, and unless a team wanted to pay way over his value... I don't see it. Of course this would be a different story if Barton could handle it behind the plate, but he's over at first.

MLB ERA

More speculation with no basis other than the writers thinking the Red Sox can get whatever they want.

May it be a clean getaway for the prodigious Griffey - The Boston Globe

Kurt Suzuki, C, A’s — You can see why the Red Sox brass really likes Suzuki, who is 35 for 98 against them in his career. With Victor Martinez unsigned and no prospect ready to assume the catching duties next season, Suzuki will likely be the Sox’ top target in the offseason. Chris Snyder and Chris Iannetta are also on the radar, but Suzuki, who signed a one-year contract in March, seems like a great fit with the combination of offense and defense the Sox want. What it would take to get him is an entirely different story, but he may be worth the price.
    Hey Dumbass. He signed a one-year contract because he hasn't hit arbitration yet and won't until after this season. I'll be shocked if he gets traded any time before Stassi is ready.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Realizing how the Red Sox fleeced the Indians for Victor Martinez at the same time my team paid dearly for George Sherrill makes me no satisfaction.

MLB ERA

Red Sox writers are just as bad as Red Sox fans...and that makes me no satisfaction either.